Bed Configuration

back-at-it

Hello, new to Royal and trying to navigate the app and web.  We just got our room assigned today, and I am trying to find where you tell them that you want the beds together. The FAQ said to go to "Modify My Reservation", but I do not see that.  

Any information would help.

36 minutes ago, back-at-it said:

Hello, new to Royal and trying to navigate the app and web.  We just got our room assigned today, and I am trying to find where you tell them that you want the beds together. The FAQ said to go to "Modify My Reservation", but I do not see that.  

Any information would help.

You need to call.  Just as an FYI, just because you request it does not necessarily mean the ship will get the request or pay any attention to it.  Lots of times they just make it up the same as it was the previous sailing.  If that happens just ask your cabin steward to change the set up and it will be done by the time you get back from dinner.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You need to call.  Just as an FYI, just because you request it does not necessarily mean the ship will get the request or pay any attention to it.  Lots of times they just make it up the same as it was the previous sailing.  If that happens just ask your cabin steward to change the set up and it will be done by the time you get back from dinner.

Thank you ..  On other Cruise lines you have the option on line.  Just thought I missed it.  I will call and hope for the best.

37 minutes ago, back-at-it said:

you ..  On other Cruise lines you have the option on line.  Just thought I missed it. 

There’s an online option as well - it’s usually buried in the “Hints and tips” link on the first day in the app. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 12:59 PM, back-at-it said:

Thank you ..  On other Cruise lines you have the option on line.  Just thought I missed it.  I will call and hope for the best.

As @Ourusualbeach posted you can call and request or have it on your profile through your TA but 9/10 it makes no difference and they make up the beds anyway and then change it on request  before bedtime.

Not sure how well that is working since they have gone to once a day cabin service. My daughter never saw her cabin steward until day 3 recently so I guess you may need to call housekeeping if that happens.

On 9/5/2023 at 10:44 AM, Special Ed said:

I called them about another issue with my booking and the agent asked me about the beds without being prompted. If someone else doesn't have a better answer, there's always the phone.

Ditto.  I literally called this morning (about something else), and the customer service rep asked me about how we wanted the beds arranged.  

Sounds like they are making a more determined effort to ascertain how you want them in advance to alleviate the need to re-do them. It always did seem like unnecessary extra work and now steward time is reduced it makes sense to try and get it right.

we can only hope….

Edited by c-leg5