Boarding Time?

FippyFuppy

Hello! I have a cruise coming up that leaves at 4 PM eastern time. I am trying to surprise my wife with some spa/salon stuff on that same day. Essentially, I want her to have this stuff to do pretty much as soon as we get on the ship. I can't find what exact time we are allowed to start boarding. I understand that the time to get through the line will vary, but outside of that I can't find any more specifics. I have looked at the itinerary and I don't see this information as well. Can anyone explain how this works? If I remember correctly, we were given a boarding time essentially depending on what floor or the type of room we have booked. If that is the case here, if I showed up earlier to try and get on the ship, would they let me?

I just want to make sure that she will be able to make her scheduled spa/salon services for the stuff I am booking in the early afternoon on Day 1.

Thanks for any help!

People will chime in dissecting check-in time vs. boarding time. Ignore that. No one follows the check-in time anymore. Just keep in mind that half the ship tries to get on first or early. You can safely assume you will be on board somewhere around noon. The spa on embarkation day is really hectic since they do tours and allow everyone to come in and oooh and ahhh. Not sure I would recommend scheduling any treatments until sailaway time or sometime after. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FippyFuppy said:

Hello! I have a cruise coming up that leaves at 4 PM eastern time. I am trying to surprise my wife with some on that same day. Essentially, I want her to have this stuff to do pretty much as soon as we get on the ship. I can't find what exact time we are allowed to start boarding. I understand that the time to get through the line will vary, but outside of that I can't find any more specifics. I have looked at the itinerary and I don't see this information as well. Can anyone explain how this works? If I remember correctly, we were given a boarding time essentially depending on what floor or the type of room we have booked. If that is the case here, if I showed up earlier to try and get on the ship, would they let me?

I just want to make sure that she will be able to make her scheduled spa/salon services for the stuff I am booking in the early afternoon on Day 1.

Thanks for any help!

When you select your check in time (on the app or on your computer) prior to your sail date that is not your boarding time. Boarding times are not a set time. The deck your stateroom is on is not part of the boarding process. If the ship isn't cleared for what ever reason that will delay when you can board. If there is a delay and once boarding starts all those doing a B2B cruise and suites will be the first to board. I didn't think the spa would be open on embarkation day (?). Especially before sail away. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gold1953 said:

You choose your boarding time when you check in on the APP.  Suites board first of course. Usually starts at 10:30 am

Thank you! If for some reason we have a later check in at say 1 PM, would we be able to get in line and try and check in at say 11 AM?

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

People will chime in dissecting check-in time vs. boarding time. Ignore that. No one follows the check-in time anymore. Just keep in mind that half the ship tries to get one first or early. You can safely assume you will be on board somewhere around noon. The spa on embarkation day is really hectic since they do tours and allow everyone to come in and oooh and ahhh. Not sure I would recommend scheduling any treatments until sailaway time or sometime after. 

Thank you for this info! I actually decided to change the spa treatment stuff until day 2. However, I did want to book her a mani/pedi on Day 1 in the early afternoon. Would you suggest not doing this as well?

51 minutes ago, FippyFuppy said:

Thank you for this info! I actually decided to change the spa treatment stuff until day 2. However, I did want to book her a mani/pedi on Day 1 in the early afternoon. Would you suggest not doing this as well?

My suggestion would be between sailaway and dinner if I had to pick embarkation day.