Grand suite dining room question

lisad63

We booking a family cruise on Quantum of the Seas, and one cabin wants to upgrade to a Grand Suite, which would entitle them to meals in Coastal Kitchen.  If they move to GS, could they still eat in main dining room with everyone else, or are the required to eat in Coastal Kitchen?

Thanks, 

Lisa

We always book grand suites, I like costal kitchen for breakfast and lunch, not impressed with there dinners so we eat in specialty restaurants, you can eat in mdr or windjammer also.

Junior suites can only eat dinner there when available.

Edited by George C

We are in a junior suite and know we can only go to coastal kitchen for dinner. 

my question is:  how crowded is coastal kitchen for dinner and it’s it difficult to get reservation times like it is in some specialty restaurants?

1 hour ago, hazmat1 said:

my question is:  how crowded is coastal kitchen for dinner and it’s it difficult to get reservation times like it is in some specialty restaurants?

If you're flexible...it's usually not a problem.

* Tables are usually available for early dining (5:30pm) or late dining (8:00pm).

2 hours ago, hazmat1 said:

As bonsai states, as long as you are flexible around the peak times our experience in a junior suite has been that we have been able to have dinner in coastal kitchen every night.

7 hours ago, hazmat1 said:

Not easy to book dinner in coastal kitchen if you are in a Junior suite.  It is based on "availability".  If you eat when the restaurant opens, possible.  But probably not daily.  I would suggest you consider booking a few specialty restaurants or if you budget can swing it, a grand suite. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, hazmat1 said:

Book CK once you board.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hazmat1 said:

As mentioned above the odds are pretty good that you can find some availability for dinner, if you have some flexibility it will be more likely.  There are a couple of things that might influence how easy it is to get a reservation.   

First if your not sailing on the Oasis or Quantum class your Jr. Suite will not have access to CK, LOL🙃

Just kidding there, but really the itinerary could impact the number of spots that are open for dining.  The worst case scenario would be a itinerary that has a high number of pinnacles and have the suites at or near capacity (families traveling and less couples).  The good news is those two things shouldn't align often.  Families will usually be together on summertime, more routine Caribbean cruises.  And although they can be on any cruise, Pins will have higher ratios on the more unique sailings.  So many factors that are not really known, like how many specialty dining packages are in use in the suites and other things but expect it should be possible.

Just a few things to consider, happy sailing!