Are the Eclipse cabins similar to Reflection and Solstice?

Jetswdo

I have been on the Reflection and Solstice, and the walls were "magnetized" so I can hang things up using magnets. Very convenient.

Also there were storage places above the bed, so I used a few of the collapsible storage cubes in them.  Just wondering if the set up is the same on the Eclipse, which is my next cruise over Thanksgiving. Appreciate the information.  Thanks, Anita

1 hour ago, Jetswdo said:

I have been on the Reflection and Solstice, and the walls were "magnetized" so I can hang things up using magnets. Very convenient.

Also there were storage places above the bed, so I used a few of the collapsible storage cubes in them.  Just wondering if the set up is the same on the Eclipse, which is my next cruise over Thanksgiving. Appreciate the information.  Thanks, Anita

Yes, a magnet will stick to the cabin walls on all three ship. Coincidentally those are the only three S class ships we have sailed on.  The last time we were on Solstice was a Christmas cruise and we used magnets to hang our stockings!

IMG_9328.thumb.jpeg.bd1ba9409b03c2b246c1fa674c29eb5a.jpeg

Solstice cabin 8107, Dec 26, 2019

nice photo!  Was the storage above the bed, the same on all three ships?  I just want to know if I should bother packing the collapsible cubes or not  (they made it easy for me to pull my stuff out as needed, over the bed.)

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Jetswdo said:

nice photo!  Was the storage above the bed, the same on all three ships?  I just want to know if I should bother packing the collapsible cubes or not  (they made it easy for me to pull my stuff out as needed, over the bed.)

Yes, on all three ships, there was the storage area located right above the bed.  So bring the collapsible cubes!

image.thumb.jpeg.0154f06a7b7568cf002ce3c175a872d2.jpeg

Solstice, Cabin 8107, Dec 23 2019, Sydney

image.thumb.jpeg.a713667b6fb69aa0d609851d2f56654d.jpeg

Reflection, Cabin 8107, Jan 4 2019, Ft Lauderdale

image.thumb.jpeg.94a04e6d8133f7b8386061cdfd2a2ac2.jpeg

Eclipse, Cabin 8107, Dec 28 2013, Ft Lauderdale

image.thumb.jpeg.26e1442ebee209b1a905bb0af24b8f1b.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

Thanks for the photos!  Years ago when I went on the Reflection- someone one on this board posted photos and advised getting the collapsible cubes.  Boy was she right-- the cubes came in so handy-- it really made the storage area above the bed much more usable.. So I will definately pack the cubes and my magnets for my Nov Eclipse trip.  Thanks again for the info.  Sincerely, Anita

• Like 1

On 9/11/2023 at 9:32 PM, Jetswdo said:

Thanks for the photos!  Years ago when I went on the Reflection- someone one on this board posted photos and advised getting the collapsible cubes.  Boy was she right-- the cubes came in so handy-- it really made the storage area above the bed much more usable.. So I will definately pack the cubes and my magnets for my Nov Eclipse trip.  Thanks again for the info.  Sincerely, Anita

I pack the cubes in our luggage, with DH tees, etc in some and my items in others....easy to lift out  and place them in the overhead cabinets and remove whichever item we need, then put back 'up top'.  Worked for several cruises.  There are sets you can purchase on Amazon which are in different sizes, mesh tops to see through, shoes and laundry bag.  Have 2 sets in different colours for DH and me...and they're reasonably priced.