Moving to 5 Star during a Grand Voyage - Questions on perks

Wayfairers

We will have about 16 days left in the Grand Africa when we hit 5 star.  Looks like we don’t get alot for that achievement, but at least there are 3 perks (better than nothing!):

$30 towards internet package

2 complimentary dinners at Pinnacle or Tamarind or Canaletto

Complimentary day pass to Greenhouse Spa and Salon

Since we will be on a Grand Voyage it seems we will be awarded the star while on board.  

Does that mean from the day we hit 5 star to the end of the cruise we have all 3 perks?

Do the complimentary dinners need to be in different restaurants?

What does it mean to have a complimentary day pass to Greenhouse Spa and Salon - can I get pedi/mani for free on one day?

Does the $30 go toward the internet package I have already purchased for the Grand Africa?

Will the front desk tell us to come pick up new room keys with the 5th star?

My understanding of the rules is that on a Grand Cruise the new benefits apply at the beginning of the next segment of that cruise. If there is another segment after you meet the days portion of the requirement, then you would get the benefits during the remainder of the cruise. If you were already in the last segment, though, the benefits would apply on your next cruise. 

Now, knowing HAL's inconsistency on so many other topics, I wouldn't be surprised if they apply this rule differently. 

Oh, I have used the free spa benefit, but have never heard of a salon benefit, such as a free mani/pedi. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Grands are the exception. You can earn your new status the day you reach the level. I recently became 4 star after 5 days of sailing.  When I boarded I went to the office and mentioned the change of status.  Since I was so close they honored my 4 star benefits immediately and on the appropriate day a new key card arrived in my stateroom reflecting the new level.   DH was a week behind and he received his card a week later 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Grands are the exception. You can earn your new status the day you reach the level. I recently became 4 star after 5 days of sailing.  When I boarded I went to the office and mentioned the change of status.  Since I was so close they honored my 4 star benefits immediately and on the appropriate day a new key card arrived in my stateroom reflecting the new level.   DH was a week behind and he received his card a week later 

I knew it was treated differently on a grand cruise.   That is awesome they gave you 4 star so quickly 

19 hours ago, Mary229 said:

And hence, free laundry!

• Like 1