Liquor bottles for the room

Pyxie

Do you have to purchase these a certain amount of time before your cruise? I know they went away for a while and then came back. I was just looking at them a few days ago, but today I can't find them anywhere under my cruise manager. I cruise 3 weeks from tomorrow. Or could this possibly be another website glitch with the maintenance coming up?

28 minutes ago, Pyxie said:

Do you have to purchase these a certain amount of time before your cruise? I know they went away for a while and then came back. I was just looking at them a few days ago, but today I can't find them anywhere under my cruise manager. I cruise 3 weeks from tomorrow. Or could this possibly be another website glitch with the maintenance coming up?

It can be hard to find sometimes, I usually just Google it and the page should come up.  I was able to add a bottle to my cart just now, so I don't think there is a glitch.

We are going on a B2B leaving in 8 days and 14 days.  The one 8 days out shows wine and beer only (no liquor), but it's only a 6-day cruise and we already selected two free bottles of liquor that were included with the room offer.   The one that is 14 days out shows 15 different options for liquor in the room. 

As StephPS79 mentioned, it can be hard to find sometimes.  This sounds strange, but it always works for me😁.  If you go the your cruise manager > select drink packages. . .scroll to the bottom of the page. . . liquor may show up, but more often it doesn't.  If it's not there just click on any item (I just clicked the Gourmet Popcorn).  Than look at the top of the page where it says Cruise Manager > Food and Beverages > Gourmet Popcorn - White & Dark Chocolate Swirl. . .    The  Food and Beverages will be an HTTP.  Click that and it will bring up all options including

PRICEdown_black.svg
$50 or less
$50-$99.99
$100 or more
OCCASIONSdown_black.svg
Love and Romance
Valentine's Day
Just Because
Birthday
Congratulations
Holiday
Father's Day
Mother's Day
CATEGORYdown_black.svg
In-room Beverages
Wine and Champagne
Gourmet Sweets and More
Liquor
Gourmet Sweets
Beer
Soda
Cakes
Party Trays
Gift Baskets
Water
Juice and Mixers

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

We are going on a B2B leaving in 8 days and 14 days.  The one 8 days out shows wine and beer only (no liquor), but it's only a 6-day cruise and we already selected two free bottles of liquor that were included with the room offer.   The one that is 14 days out shows 15 different options for liquor in the room. 

As StephPS79 mentioned, it can be hard to find sometimes.  This sounds strange, but it always works for me😁.  If you go the your cruise manager > select drink packages. . .scroll to the bottom of the page. . . liquor may show up, but more often it doesn't.  If it's not there just click on any item (I just clicked the Gourmet Popcorn).  Than look at the top of the page where it says Cruise Manager > Food and Beverages > Gourmet Popcorn - White & Dark Chocolate Swirl. . .    The  Food and Beverages will be an HTTP.  Click that and it will bring up all options including

PRICEdown_black.svg
$50 or less
$50-$99.99
$100 or more
OCCASIONSdown_black.svg
Love and Romance
Valentine's Day
Just Because
Birthday
Congratulations
Holiday
Father's Day
Mother's Day
CATEGORYdown_black.svg
In-room Beverages
Wine and Champagne
Gourmet Sweets and More
Liquor
Gourmet Sweets
Beer
Soda
Cakes
Party Trays
Gift Baskets
Water
Juice and Mixers

That worked, thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!   I am about 60 days from sailing, and there are 0 results for the Liquor category to pre-buy a bottle of liquor for the room.  It's a 4 day sailing, if that matters.  Is this something they no longer offer?  Thanks!

11 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

One more question about ordering for the room: do they add 18% gratuity? This is not room service it’s pre ordering and paying and having bottles in the room when I embark. . TIA 

They call it a delivery fee but at the end of the day it's the same thing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

They call it a delivery fee but at the end of the day it's the same thing.

In the all not to distant past, we had a bottle of Absolute delivered to our room for $30.  Some sailings, you cannot even find (to be honest it is not a driver anymore…but I digress) the ability to do it and the prices are set to discourage the action.  I do get all the reasons why they want this, but they dance on both sides, proving it thru Ultra and Elite offers.  Head scratching from a level playing field perspective for sure, but in our world today, THAT is the norm.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

In the all not to distant past, we had a bottle of Absolute delivered to our room for $30.  Some sailings, you cannot even find (to be honest it is not a driver anymore…but I digress) the ability to do it and the prices are set to discourage the action.  I do get all the reasons why they want this, but they dance on both sides, proving it thru Ultra and Elite offers.  Head scratching from a level playing field perspective for sure, but in our world today, THAT is the norm.

An unlevel playing field has always been the status quo since man crawled out of the primordial soup. I doubt it will ever really change.

@hard_eight agreed that the prices were getting ridiculous and now they aren't even always available?  Geez, it's just nice sometimes to NOT have to go to the bar for a drink or two if you are on your balcony enjoying the sunset or even a quiet night in.  Between the two of us, we could drink enough of the bottle that it felt like we got our money's worth even on a shorter cruise!

• Like 1