Discounts on packages

nemesees

1 hour ago, nemesees said:

Does Norwegian have discounts on packages like other cruise lines? For maybe soda package or excursions, or activities or gifts to name a few?

Nope. This is not RCCL where from the moment you book to the moment you depart, you get bombarded with SALE SALE SALE emails every day. The packages are the packages. On some, there is a small discount for booking pre-cruise versus onboard. 

4 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

On some, there is a small discount for booking pre-cruise versus onboard. 

This is not particularly accurate; A pre-cruise dining package can be significantly less expensive than buying once on the ship.

7 minutes ago, nemesees said:

So it doesn’t matter if you purchase water package now or later, it’s still the same.

No. It will be more expensive once you board the ship. Buy any promo you want now; it won't be available on the ship.

2 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

No. It will be more expensive once you board the ship. Buy any promo you want now; it won't be available on the ship.

That's not true.  You can get the specialty dining packages, water and soda packages on the ship for the same price.  I believe the internet package is actually chepaer on board if you purchase it the 2nd day.  Like mentioned above, there is no dynamic pricing on the drink package on NCL.  If you get the Free at Sea drink package, you pay for the gratuities only, which are about $21 per day/per person. On my RCCL cruise, the drink package was $89 per day with an 18% grauitiy.  It was available on the ship, but at the same price...no discount. 

I just got off a Celebrity trip and they were selling bottled water for $4, plus 20%, or $4.80 for 1/2 a liter.  Here's what NCL says on my upcoming trip.  Not sure if their percentage discount is legit or not, but I went ahead and bit for a 6-liter package.  The price was $23.94 total, no additional fees/taxes but it apparently includes the "tip."

image.png.a4bb9c106acccdf66c80e7d13af973f5.png

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Nope. This is not RCCL where from the moment you book to the moment you depart, you get bombarded with SALE SALE SALE emails every day. The packages are the packages. On some, there is a small discount for booking pre-cruise versus onboard. 

I get bombarded with SALE SALE SALE emails every day from NCL.

I also get bombarded with this  SALE SALE SALE ends today. But it never does.

I also get bombarded with emails where the 70% off the second passenger has replaced the 30% off all passengers.

I must be lucky.

7 minutes ago, DeltaDude said:

BTW, here's what they're offering beverage packages for, nearly 70 days out.

image.png.248ce10627f99d3773b810e37b129549.png

The drink package prices are if you didn’t take the FAS unlimited package.  No one should have to pay those prices since everyone 21+ in the room is eligible for the FAS unlimited package.  You want to upgrade, it’s $34.80 pp/pd.

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

I get bombarded with SALE SALE SALE emails every day from NCL.

I also get bombarded with this  SALE SALE SALE ends today. But it never does.

I also get bombarded with emails where the 70% off the second passenger has replaced the 30% off all passengers.

I must be lucky.

You should probably unsubscribe from those.  I never get marketing emails from NCL other than informational ones for my currently booked cruises. 

3 minutes ago, debenson0723 said:

You should probably unsubscribe from those.  I never get marketing emails from NCL other than informational ones for my currently booked cruises. 

to an extent I think they're amusing.  First of all, I don't book through NCL.  Second, I believe I was warned for two weeks that today was the last day for the latest discount.

Third, I still wonder what the difference between 30% on all passengers and 70% on the second.

Fourth, how stupid do they think their customers are?