Early check in

DANCING GRANDMOMMY

So was eligible to check in yesterday the 16th with everyone else on the 18th. Carnival portions of their website to manage your cruise went down the at 12 am yesterday and is not going to be up until this evening! Crazy! Guess it needed to go down when it would inconvenience someone. It might as well be me! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

So was eligible to check in yesterday the 16th with everyone else on the 18th. Carnival portions of their website to manage your cruise went down the at 12 am yesterday and is not going to be up until this evening! Crazy! Guess it needed to go down when it would inconvenience someone. It might as well be me! 

I was thinking this would affect people checking in at this specific time.  Sorry it happened to you!

1 minute ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

Thanks. It had to happen to someone! I feel bad for those on ships leaving the next couple of days after, if they had planed to purchase drink, spa or photo packages the day before for the discount and were not able to take advantage of those savings.

That as well!  Yikes!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DANCING GRANDMOMMY said:

The whole system is down.  It's called maintenance. When do you want them to do it

1 hour ago, highSeas22 said:

The whole system is down.  It's called maintenance. When do you want them to do it

I don’t expect a company to have their website down for 2 full days. I expect website maintenance to not impact customers by being done overnight. I work for a large company and if we restricted access for our customers there would be heck to pay and we would probably lose a lot of clients. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elaine5715 said:

Warnings were sent out to check in on Friday

1 hour ago, Jamman54 said:

Advance warning was posted on Carnival's website and discussed here last Monday. Sorry you didn't catch them.

It’s been discussed on the popular You Tube cruise sites for the last week or so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, highSeas22 said:

Did you not read the last 2 sentences of my post, "Guess it needed to go down when it would inconvenience someone. It might as well be me!" I understand the need. And I never received an email and have not been on the website. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, trvlgirlmq said:

I don’t expect a company to have their website down for 2 full days. I expect website maintenance to not impact customers by being done overnight. I work for a large company and if we restricted access for our customers there would be heck to pay and we would probably lose a lot of clients. 

D

6 hours ago, trvlgirlmq said:

Do you know the size of the job that had to be done? Did you miss your cruise,?

i am not a computer geek. but having their web site down that long it must have been a giant progress. I understand the frustration but it is what it is.maybe 1 pm check in time. by then hopefully the crowd be be pacing to get in their cabin and can get your lunch on lido and enjoy. 

3 hours ago, trvlgirlmq said:

Ummm maybe they shouldn’t have left so much work for one upgrade. 

You have no idea what they did.   Things happen in every business. People complain about their system , and when they upgrade it, you complain ago. All over not being able to check in for two days.  Wow