Live Bermuda Bliss Insignia September 20-27th

calicakes

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"And another from calicakes! Thank you for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic! Please consider submitting it to the site for publication as well: Click: Write a Review"

calicakes was awarded the badge '"Live from...."' and 5 points.

Hi All

We're Randi( I'm on the right) and Julie a same sex couple living in a north suburb of LA.  We booked this cruise for our 10th wedding anniversary!!( actual date Sept 28th).  We're currently at a hotel in Midtown, enjoying our last of 3 days here.  I'm originally from NYC, however I grew up in S. Florida.  Julie retired last year from LAPD.  This will be our second Oceania cruise.  Our first was Feb 2022 for Julie's 60th bday.  It was wonderful as we were originally supposed to be on Sirena, however, O switched the ship to Marina.  There were only 338 people on board.    

We're in a category A3 balcony.  Our check in time is 11:30am.  I have a car service picking us up at 10am.  Its UN week and the Clinton Global Initiative conference is at our hotel.  Its crazy here. 

RJ london.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

Hi All

We're Randi( I'm on the right) and Julie a same sex couple living in a north suburb of LA.  We booked this cruise for our 10th wedding anniversary!!( actual date Sept 28th).  We're currently at a hotel in Midtown, enjoying our last of 3 days here.  I'm originally from NYC, however I grew up in S. Florida.  Julie retired last year from LAPD.  This will be our second Oceania cruise.  Our first was Feb 2022 for Julie's 60th bday.  It was wonderful as we were originally supposed to be on Sirena, however, O switched the ship to Marina.  There were only 338 people on board.    

We're in a category A3 balcony.  Our check in time is 11:30am.  I have a car service picking us up at 10am.  Its UN week and the Clinton Global Initiative conference is at our hotel.  Its crazy here. 

RJ london.jpg

Have a great cruise, looking forward to your thoughts on this cruise. Have a happy Anniversary. 

Happy Anniversary!

@DJ's DH and I are looking at booking our first O cruise for our 40th anniversary in June.

Interested to hear how you like your second O cruise. We have sailed in suites (RS, CS) on Celebrity as well as on SeaDream (our favorite) and Seabourn as well as Disney, Princess and Royal Caribbean,

Thanks for taking us along on your anniversary trip!

1 minute ago, DisneyJen said:

Happy Anniversary!

@DJ's DH and I are looking at booking our first O cruise for our 40th anniversary in June.

Interested to hear how you like your second O cruise. We have sailed in suites (RS, CS) on Celebrity as well as on SeaDream (our favorite) and Seabourn as well as Disney, Princess and Royal Caribbean,

Thanks for taking us along on your anniversary trip!

We've had 6 Celebrity cruises, all but one in Aqua Class and 1 in a Sky Suite. Our first O cruise was in a suite and the service was amazing.  Our last Celebrity cruise was in a suite, also amazing service.  

I'm super thankful we can go to Bermuda as the cruise returning tomorrow had to go to Nassau. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DisneyJen said:

Thanks for the quick response @calicakes!

We really enjoyed our Retreat experiences on Celebrity but pricing is crazy right now!

Cheers to you both!

Exactly.  Our next Celebrity cruise is next month out of San Pedro( LA).  We're in an OV( with pending bids) because it was so much less expensive than even a balcony. 

• Like 1

We arrived at the port at 10:45. A porter approached us for our luggage. We got in line and were inside by 11:30. I don't believe check in times matter that much. We went to the library, picked out a couple books, then had the buffet for lunch. It was a little chaotic, hard to find a table outside.  

I just laid my napkin down.,when I finished my lunch. someone quickly darted over to claim my table.

The room will not be ready until one thirty,so we are hanging by the pool with our books.

20230920_120940.jpg

20230920_114741.jpg

20230920_114738.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yay!  Happy Anniversary!  We are about to grab this cruise next year after having to cancel 2 years ago.. As you mosey along, I will be wondering how you will find the Bermuda excursions.  It was mentioned somewhere...maybe on the Regent board, that some of the excursions are starting to have age restrictions. As you have time and update your trip....could you comment on that if you hear anything? Thanks so much and have fun.

As our first oceania cruise was in a suite, I don't think I was prepared for how small the room is. Our suitcases do not even fit under the bed. They are stacked on top of each other next to the sofa. I hate to be that person who complains, but the bathroom was not clean. There was hair in the shower and something that looked like poop on the bathroom door. I called housekeeping to clean it up. I will spare you the photos.

20230920_133310.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, fizzy said:

Yay!  Happy Anniversary!  We are about to grab this cruise next year after having to cancel 2 years ago.. As you mosey along, I will be wondering how you will find the Bermuda excursions.  It was mentioned somewhere...maybe on the Regent board, that some of the excursions are starting to have age restrictions. As you have time and update your trip....could you comment on that if you hear anything? Thanks so much and have fun.

None of the excursions have appealed to us. We're very much beach people. we enjoy snorkeling. I think we will attempt to find a beach. Hopefully the weather cooperates. I just checked, and it seems like it will be raining.

22 minutes ago, calicakes said:

As our first oceania cruise was in a suite, I don't think I was prepared for how small the room is. Our suitcases do not even fit under the bed. They are stacked on top of each other next to the sofa. I hate to be that person who complains, but the bathroom was not clean. There was hair in the shower and something that looked like poop on the bathroom door. I called housekeeping to clean it up. I will spare you the photos.

20230920_133310.jpg

No excuse for a dirty bathroom but we found we had to lift the bed up (there is a low railing by the outside edge of the bed) and then we could slide our large suitcases underneath...worth a try

9 minutes ago, Woofa said:

We had to open our suitcases to fit them under the bed but when we did no problem and it then also doubles as additional storage.

We didn't think of that.  Not sure why, as we did that in London in the tiny hotel room we had.  The room attendant to open the cases.  They would not fit when they were closed.  We have 3 large suitcases. I'm not a light packer.  I'll never be one to go " Carry on" only.  We have status on American Airlines as well as an American credit card so we never pay for bags.  

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, calicakes said:

20230920_133310.jpg

Did you try to put your suitcases under the bed when they are opened and flat?

Edit:  I see @Woofa posted that solution and I missed it.

Edited by 1985rz1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, calicakes said:

None of the excursions have appealed to us. We're very much beach people. we enjoy snorkeling. I think we will attempt to find a beach. Hopefully the weather cooperates. I just checked, and it seems like it will be raining.

We are exactly the same and the beaches in Bermuda are outstanding. There was one excursion with snorkeling that caught my attention as part of a sailing offer and that was why I asked. Grab a couple of blow up floats in town to use at the beaches. You can just leave them for someone else on your last day. Well worth it.  Have fun.

21 minutes ago, osandomir said:

Three large suitcases for one week? It might be a New York Fashion Show on this cruise 😀

To be fair, we were in NYC for 4 days prior. We bring our snorkel gear and some other creature comforts.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, calicakes said:

Happy anniversary and enjoy your cruise.

While the ship is docked in St. George's you can either walk about a half mile (uphill...so it can be taxing in hot weather) or take a quick taxi ride to Tobacco Bay Beach, which is popular with snorkelers. You can rent chairs and umbrellas there and they have a snack bar and bar where you can get food and drink if you're hungry or thirsty.

While the ship is docked in Hamilton you can take the #7 bus...a half hour or less ride (or take a taxi)...to Horseshoe Bay, one of the nicest beaches you'll find anywhere. It's consistently rated among the world's best beaches. Again you can rent chairs and umbrellas and buy food and drink there. It's not a great snorkeling location as the surf can be a bit rough, but no one going o Bermuda should miss this beach.

Edited by njhorseman
  • Like 3