Spa Question

cleobella

In the past, we've always been able to use the thermal spa area when we arrive for a facial or body treatment. Recently, I've heard that on the Ascent, customers will not be able to use the thermal spa area, complimentary, with a booked service. Anyone know if this is true? 

10 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I am surprised to hear you say you were able to use the thermal suite after a facial on a Celebrity cruise because that has never been the policy. 

I am surprised as well.  Spa treatments do not include the thermal suite and to my knowledge, never have.  I learned this back in the summer when I looked into booking a couples massage.  I asked about going to the thermal area afterward and was told it is not included and that I would need to buy a pass.  I asked if this was a new policy and was told no.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cleobella said:

In the past, we've always been able to use the thermal spa area when we arrive for a facial or body treatment. Recently, I've heard that on the Ascent, customers will not be able to use the thermal spa area, complimentary, with a booked service. Anyone know if this is true? 

We have Never have been able to do that!  

1 hour ago, cleobella said:

Years ago, when Mercury had a real T Pool with Salts and minerals  amazing hydrotherapy  etc..it was located inside the spa.  Anyone who booked a treatment could use that  pool prior to or after treatment!  Century had a T pool too but that was ripped out to make a barber shop and couples massage area best I can recall.

There was  time guests with spa appts could use M Class Thermal suite pre appt.  After that..Access was allowed pre- treatment to the Relaxation Rm  on S Class. That room is for AQ guests and pre spa..but folks regularly get in there and do not observe spa quietude!

on E Class def not in the thermal area and not sure abt the heated loungers.. That rm is long and narrow and a sweatbox anyhow!

Guess OP can book a day pass or see if they have any status that.gives Access other than AQ Class.  It is a small area..so restrictions do  seem valid.

• Thanks 1

Wow! We have been cruising for about 25 years, and have openly used the thermal suite pre treatment, I'm sure I even asked about it way back...but maybe that was with another line. We've never done AC with Celebrity.

I need to research if the thermal suite is nice enough to justify the cost, maybe I'll just try it one day this trip, if I can. Don't know if I'm interested in the beds, if it's a sweatbox !