Late Night Snack

MMfan14

22 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Before, they had no late night food except for pizza.

Now, they have other food besides pizza. 

If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to eat it.  And you aren't any worse off than you were before.  If anything, you are still better off simply because the line at the regular pizza place will probably be shorter.

When TV revives "Fear Factor" I'm going to recommend the producers film at the late-night feeding! I was on the Celebration where the pizza venue was inside and larger than the Pizza Pirate's on the older ships. It would be busy but generally the lines moved before and during the Late-Night snack buffet. One sniff at the Late-Night food and my nose told me to just say no. Cookies were OK.

Edited by Captain Zippyjet

3 hours ago, Captain Zippyjet said:

When TV revives "Fear Factor" I'm going to recommend the producers film at the late-night feeding! I was on the Celebration where the pizza venue was inside and larger than the Pizza Pirate's on the older ships. It would be busy but generally the lines moved before and during the Late-Night snack buffet. One sniff at the Late-Night food and my nose told me to just say no. Cookies were OK.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you didn't like it. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha 3

On 9/5/2024 at 7:59 PM, staceyglow said:

Before, they had no late night food except for pizza.

Now, they have other food besides pizza. 

If you don't like it, no one is forcing you to eat it.  And you aren't any worse off than you were before.  If anything, you are still better off simply because the line at the regular pizza place will probably be shorter.

This is so true.  When I was on Glory in June, there was a dang line an hour before it opened!  I waited in line for 30 minutes and the next night my friend said we should get there 30 mins early.  So we still waited for 30 minutes lol, but it was fresher and not picked over.

On 9/20/2023 at 6:45 AM, MMfan14 said:

Haven't seen any talk about if the new late night snack option is a hit or miss. Anyone who has tried it give your opinion if its a hit or miss.

It is hit or miss.  I had it on Horizon in March and Glory in June.  It was better on Horizon, but so was everything else.  The quality varied each night, as did the offerings.  The chicken nuggets/bites were different on 3 different occasions.  One night they were beer battered and tasty!  Another night they were freezer-to-fryer with too much breading.  They did have some basic turkey and cheese sandwiches one night which were tasty.  I will agree with everyone else that the pizza was garbage.  I was really surprised because I like the pizza from the Pizza Pirate.  The tortilla chips were good.  I think the soup was good.  Sometimes you just want something other than pizza late at night, but it is more of a "drunk food" kind of thing, or "picky kid" kind of thing.  So long as you aren't expecting a Fresh Creations salad bar and Guy's Burgers, you probably won't be disappointed.  If you are up and hungry, give it a go, unless you want pizza.

• Like 3

On 9/29/2023 at 6:33 AM, MMfan14 said:

Would love to see a variety of chicken wings on the late night menu, but I know the line would be crazy long, but just wishing. 

Probably why room service sells them...

TOTALLY AWESOME WINGS $7
tossed to your choice: Honey BBQ or Buffalo Sauce or Garlic Parmesan

• Like 3

9 hours ago, aborgman said:

Before includes lots of time prior to COVID.

I meant immediately before they offered the late night snacks.

But apparently there is no point too minor for you to argue about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2024 at 6:20 PM, BlerkOne said:

Didn't look bad at all on Carnival Spirit last night. The Buffalo Cauliflower really looked good but I was still full from dinner.

Looks like the same pizza they had on the Celebration late night snacks. Its frozen pizza not the same as the regular pizza. What caught my eye, actually my nose was the smells of cheap school cafeteria food that was the major turn off.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Captain Zippyjet said:

Looks like the same pizza they had on the Celebration late night snacks. Its frozen pizza not the same as the regular pizza. What caught my eye, actually my nose was the smells of cheap school cafeteria food that was the major turn off.

No bad smells on my cruise, so the source must be something other than the food.

Most food on cruise ships of any line is frozen - especially on longer cruises.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Mike45LC said:

Happy anniversary.  In a couple of hours, this thread turns one year old.

Well, shut the front door! Still glad you responded. I see your avatar is a kitty. I have a rambunctious Tortie that jumps for food. I don't believe she'd go for the late-night snack eats. 

1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

No bad smells on my cruise, so the source must be something other than the food.

Most food on cruise ships of any line is frozen - especially on longer cruises.

Actually, most of the main line food (buffet/MDR) is made in the cruise line kitchen if not on board at their port facility. All the other food on my Celebration Cruise did not disappoint. As good as before but the bad smells at least IMOP were of the lower quality food offered. I may come across as a Karen but, the late-night stuff is a poor representation of the quality of Carnival's food. Overall, I'd rate Carnival's food an 87.5 out of a 100 but the LTS, an epic fail. I'll be generous and score it a 42 out of 100. Never have sailed the Margaritaville cruises but, I'm guessing the late night Carnival snacks are similar to what you'd get on the Margaritaville.

6 hours ago, Remus2010 said:

Is this late night buffet/snacks on every ship?

Yes, and the hours are limited. Look for it in the Fun Times or the App.  Once we checked it out, we headed back to the cabin. Very unappealing on the Mardi Gras in August.

On 9/16/2024 at 6:20 PM, BlerkOne said:

Didn't look bad at all on Carnival Spirit last night. The Buffalo Cauliflower really looked good but I was still full from dinner.

The buffalo cauliflower is very good on the Sunshine late night buffet. It goes great with a couple slices of pizza from the pizza place.

• Like 1