The Key check in time

SAS21

When I did my check in I selected 11:00 check in time, however we purchased the key. Do we still get to the pier at 11:00? I thought I read somewhere that we will receive an email prior to boarding with possibly a different time.    

23 minutes ago, SAS21 said:

When I did my check in I selected 11:00 check in time, however we purchased the key. Do we still get to the pier at 11:00? I thought I read somewhere that we will receive an email prior to boarding with possibly a different time.    

You will receive an email in the weeks leading up to embarkation with instructions and timing. 
Key check in is usually anytime after 10:30-11:00 time frame dependent on port. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SAS21 said:

Using either the KEY or having a SUITE we have always been able to check in WHENEVER we got to the terminal once they had the doors open.

• 2 months later...

I'm curious about this too. We have The Key for our upcoming Christmas cruise out of Galveston. I just did check in and the earliest time available it 1:00. But if we wait until 1:00 we will miss the special lunch for people who bought The Key. Hopefully we will get an email with more instructions.

7 minutes ago, laura85 said:

I'm curious about this too. We have The Key for our upcoming Christmas cruise out of Galveston. I just did check in and the earliest time available it 1:00. But if we wait until 1:00 we will miss the special lunch for people who bought The Key. Hopefully we will get an email with more instructions.

I'm getting on Voyager tomorrow.  My Key email encouraged me to get there early to take advantage of my lunch.  I have never checked in to the port in Galveston where they actually checked the time.  That said, I usually have the Key and they are already boarding when I get there.  I get there early.

59 minutes ago, Wanna Be Retired said:

I'm getting on Voyager tomorrow.  My Key email encouraged me to get there early to take advantage of my lunch.  I have never checked in to the port in Galveston where they actually checked the time.  That said, I usually have the Key and they are already boarding when I get there.  I get there early.

Ok thank you so much for the info! Have a great cruise tomorrow!

• Like 1

With The Key, you will get in line with the Pinnacle members and cut everybody else, regardless of check in time. 

The Chops lunch is a great way to start your cruise. 

Bon Voyage! 

Edited by Wheels87

On 11/27/2023 at 2:33 PM, Wanna Be Retired said:

They do not have Freestyle machines.  You have to go to the bar or Cafe Promenade to have your cup filled.

Thanks for checking. Bummer, when we did the Adventure repo to NJ it was our first time aboard with the Freestyles and both convenient and enjoyable - nice to have on a 13-nighter!!

On 9/24/2023 at 9:09 AM, not-enough-cruising said:

You will receive an email in the weeks leading up to embarkation with instructions and timing.

Talking to Royal this morning (and taking the agent's information with a giant grain of salt), this doesn't seem to be the case anymore.  We've gotten nothing for our Sunday cruise - for last year, we received the email about 6 days prior.

--bruce T.