celebrity summit concierge class

pana37

Hi how long does it take to leave the cruise ship? i should arrive back to Miami port 7am, as we need to book a internal flight from MIA back to ATL

we have booked the concierge class if that makes any difference?

Many Thanks

4 minutes ago, pana37 said:

Hi how long does it take to leave the cruise ship? i should arrive back to Miami port 7am, as we need to book a internal flight from MIA back to ATL

we have booked the concierge class if that makes any difference?

Many Thanks

What time are you considering booking your return flights? 

25 minutes ago, doghog said:

What time are you considering booking your return flights? 

the options are 12pm 1:40pm 3.30pm i was hoping there was an earlier flight there is but 8:30am wouldn't be possible with security etc this is with American. also trying to find a way to price in check in bags however this airline you can only pay for this at the airport

26 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

You also need to ask yourself if you would consider self disembarkation.  In that situation you need to handle your luggage with no assistance from the ship crew.

i thought this was an option with the concierge class? i have no idea

2 minutes ago, pana37 said:

the options are 12pm 1:40pm 3.30pm i was hoping there was an earlier flight there is but 8:30am wouldn't be possible with security etc this is with American. also trying to find a way to price in check in bags however this airline you can only pay for this at the airport

We would book the 12:PM flight. Nothing earlier. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Northern Aurora said:

Celebrity lists priority debarkation as a Concierge Class perk.  But with self disembarkation, if you are physically able to "man handle" your luggage with no assistance from the crew, you will be off the ship once the ship has been cleared to disembark passengers.

Even with all these CC perks, I don't recommend anything earlier than 12:00 pm.  

• Like 1

I wonder if our OP is taking their first cruise.  The Concierge Class "perks" are mostly marketing hype.  Those passengers participating in the self disembarkation process will disembark before the ship starts calling luggage tag numbers.

And I would also not suggest a flight before noon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

I wonder if our OP is taking their first cruise.  The Concierge Class "perks" are mostly marketing hype.  Those passengers participating in the self disembarkation process will disembark before the ship starts calling luggage tag numbers.

And I would also not suggest a flight before noon.

100% Spot on our 1st ever cruise i thought we would have priority to disembark how wrong was i id rather do it myself if we are going to have to wait ages.

Thank you

Pana37 - Welcome to Cruise Critic and to cruising! 

I really don't see any problem here for you.  Since this is your first cruise cruise you are not familiar with departure day "hurry up and get off" cruise line mentality.  They want you off ASAP to get ready for the new passengers.  Everyone is off the ship by 9:30....I mean everyone!  Anyone who wants to be off earlier will be off well before that.

Perhaps a better understanding of cruise disembarkation will help you.

Prior postings here are correct, "walk-off" disembarkation (you carry all your luggage off) is the earliest.  In our experience that is probably finished by 8am.  Then the groups with luggage in the terminal start.  

Here's how it works:  During the cruise you will get a form to fill out to get assigned a departure group.  If you don't want to self-disembark, ask for an early time (like 8-8:30).  You should be at the airport by 10ish.  Noon flight should be no problem.....presuming no issues (which don't happen very often). 

X will be boarding the new passengers probably before 11am,,,,,  you will be long-gone and at the airport by then especially if you ask for an early disembark group. 

So relax about disembarkation, X has it down to a science.  It's a bit chaotic, but it happens very fast.  

Edited by PelicanLvr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 would be smartest flight time..no stress..time to eat breakfast..you will be early at airport..

Many others have priority... Suites, AQ (? ), 

Walking off can involve long lines..which starts way before the time given.. So many take this option it may not be worth the hassle of  handling your own bags.

suggest you get a porter...may make getting a cab easier. Airport is a ways..depends on traffic.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PelicanLvr said:

Pana37 - Welcome to Cruise Critic and to cruising! 

I really don't see any problem here for you.  Since this is your first cruise cruise you are not familiar with departure day "hurry up and get off" cruise line mentality.  They want you off ASAP to get ready for the new passengers.  Everyone is off the ship by 9:30....I mean everyone!  Anyone who wants to be off earlier will be off well before that.

Perhaps a better understanding of cruise disembarkation will help you.

Prior postings here are correct, "walk-off" disembarkation (you carry all your luggage off) is the earliest.  In our experience that is probably finished by 8am.  Then the groups with luggage in the terminal start.  

Here's how it works:  During the cruise you will get a form to fill out to get assigned a departure group.  If you don't want to self-disembark, ask for an early time (like 8-8:30).  You should be at the airport by 10ish.  Noon flight should be no problem.....presuming no issues (which don't happen very often). 

X will be boarding the new passengers probably before 11am,,,,,  you will be long-gone and at the airport by then especially if you ask for an early disembark group. 

So relax about disembarkation, X has it down to a science.  It's a bit chaotic, but it happens very fast.  

Nicely explained

Thank you