Lisbon Docking Port

eric4395

1 hour ago, eric4395 said:

Hi Can anyone advise where P&O 

Ventura normally docks in Lisbon. We are arriving  shortly on Oct 12th

Just keep your fingers crossed that you don't get bumped!! I read another post from a passenger (can't remember if it was P&O or possibly Saga) who was complaining bitterly that they has been bumped from the main cruise terminal with the air bridge and shopping facilities. They ended up at the commercial port with a nice view of cranes and containers and no shopping facilities.

On you arrival date (12th October) both Anthem of the Seas and Ambassador Ambition and due in port along with Ventura. Might be worth asking the Captain to get a wiggle on so that you bag a  slot at the official cruise terminal.🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, arlowood said:

Just keep your fingers crossed that you don't get bumped!! I read another post from a passenger (can't remember if it was P&O or possibly Saga) who was complaining bitterly that they has been bumped from the main cruise terminal with the air bridge and shopping facilities. They ended up at the commercial port with a nice view of cranes and containers and no shopping facilities.

On you arrival date (12th October) both Anthem of the Seas and Ambassador Ambition and due in port along with Ventura. Might be worth asking the Captain to get a wiggle on so that you bag a  slot at the official cruise terminal.🤣🤣🤣

Yes, Alcantara is horrible. Right next to the bridge and not walkable to town. Hopefully she will be berthed at the new terminal or one of the older terminals next to it. 

We found Alcantara to be a great location as Lisbon is a linear city along the river bank. 

Alcantara is half way between the old city and castle to the east and the Belem area to the west which has lots to see, including the Pasteis shop.

It is also very handy if you want to cross the river to the Christ the King statue.

• Like 1

Suppose it depends where you want to go. I got a tuk tuk into town from there as it was too far for me to walk. It was many years ago and I was on Celebrity. Weather was lovely but the noise from the bridge all day made sitting outdoors unpleasant. Luckily have always docked at one of the town terminals since then. 

14 hours ago, Thejuggler said:

We found Alcantara to be a great location as Lisbon is a linear city along the river bank. 

Alcantara is half way between the old city and castle to the east and the Belem area to the west which has lots to see, including the Pasteis shop.

It is also very handy if you want to cross the river to the Christ the King statue.

Also handy for the St Jeronimos Monastery which is an amazing building for those who like ornate churches. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Fionboard said:

Suppose it depends where you want to go. I got a tuk tuk into town from there as it was too far for me to walk. It was many years ago and I was on Celebrity. Weather was lovely but the noise from the bridge all day made sitting outdoors unpleasant. Luckily have always docked at one of the town terminals since then. 

The new cruise terminal can take at least 3 ships.

22 hours ago, arlowood said:

port authorities decide where a ship docks taking into account weather, size, draft, arrival and departure times  and other factors