Q&A with President Laura Hodges Bethge

rmedistro

4 minutes ago, Baggy178 said:

Hats of to the Celebrity marketing guys who pulled off that stroke ...😅

Oh.  Is that what a business calls offering goods and services for a price, and then deciding not to deliver the publicly offered goods and services.  This while keeping the consumers money, and assuring the disappointed consumer that, poor things, they are confused, they are 'really' getting the diminished over-priced product after all.  One just needs to ***** their head to one side and look through a kaleidoscope to see the beauty of the false marketing.

A stroke.

I have another word for that maneuver.  Actually, a couple of other words.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Shellyd22 said:

Yes most people would and that’s why his review is so damning and X should be concerned. They are probably banking on that it will all just blow over eventually, so I don’t see them apologizing or backpedaling unless they see a lot of booking changes. I see videos of people promoting VV and given “rockstar privileges” while they are sailing in a regular balcony stateroom. They never tell you that you can only get rockstar privileges if you book a rockstar suite 🤣 He’s gained a following from being honest and nonbiased which is hard to find these days. I feel like releasing his retreat review video a couple days after Laura’s video is a little funny. 

I have already emailed the video to a few execs at Royal Caribbean Group and X and RCL and MSC 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cruisefam38 said:

Oh.  Is that what a business calls offering goods and services for a price, and then deciding not to deliver the publicly offered goods and services.  This while keeping the consumers money, and assuring the disappointed consumer that, poor things, they are confused, they are 'really' getting the diminished over-priced product after all.  One just needs to ***** their head to one side and look through a kaleidoscope to see the beauty of the false marketing.

A stroke.

I have another word for that maneuver.  Actually, a couple of other words.

I have a two word phrase for it, but in the interest of political correctness, I will refrain from saying it. 🙊 I will just say there was a hit song about it some decades ago, and an episode of a popular sitcom about it a couple of decades later. 

• Haha 1

On 9/26/2023 at 1:50 PM, sunlover33 said:

Not our thing either. We have also booked our first cruise in over 20 years with a different company after sailing with Celebrity or Azamara are going with MSC in the yacht club. We are only elite, (would never be able to reach the lofty heights of zenith)  but sadly Celebrity is just not what it was for us. I just wonder how many more have done so? 

We've taken 3 yacht club cruises with MSC this year alone. We haven't sailed on X this year but here I am considering booking a thanksgiving cruise. Not getting very excited about booking a suite on X at the significantly higher prices with what I'm reading. And I was a DIE HARD X fanatic for a really long time. I'm really wondering if I should even do it. 

• Like 1

I just received my FOMO email reminder about the current sale ending soon.  Now there's a question that I wished was asked on the webinar (normal prices masquerading as limited time sales).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Classynfun1 said:

Not getting very excited about booking a suite on X at the significantly higher prices with what I'm reading.

I mean, how could you when you really quantify what you're getting for those significantly higher prices?

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I think there is more to it, especially with regards to the air pressure along with airflow within different sections of the ship, especially when its moving. Ever notice when you're walking down the hall when the ship is moving and hear a whistling sound from under someone's door that has their balcony door open? IMHO there can be no "whistling" when the balcony shutter doors are closed and the AC is allowed to stay on. That would be key. But then I'm just over here in the peanut gallery trying to figure out a way to give us folks who like to sit on the balcony feeling the elements while my DW likes to sit in the cabin playing computer games during our downtimes with the AC on while say cruising around in the Caribbean.

We have never been in an IV cabin but looking at the pics and reading numerous posts I have the following concerns/ questions:

1) if you did solve the issue of the Aircon the space with the doors shut would be tiny.

2) the current chairs would not be suitable for "relaxing" and certainly no room for footstools.

3) no space for a decent size table.

4) you would have to leave a lot of space in the cabin for the bifold doors to open/close.

23 hours ago, wineoclock said:

For the two of us. I thought it was too good a price to miss! £3225pp for 7 nights. A discount as well from agent so was £6272. 

That's phenomenal pricing, congrats @wineoclock! I just booked a 2024 Concierge cabin (E) on a Grandeur 7Day cruise for the equivalent of GBP9k total for the two of us (incl flights and hotel) and I thought THAT was good pricing....now I've got buyer's envy.  😁 

But even my pricing makes the similar itineraries of the Beyond and Ascent look ridiculously expensive by comparison.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, the penguins said:

We have never been in an IV cabin but looking at the pics and reading numerous posts I have the following concerns/ questions:

1) if you did solve the issue of the Aircon the space with the doors shut would be tiny.

2) the current chairs would not be suitable for "relaxing" and certainly no room for footstools.

3) no space for a decent size table.

4) you would have to leave a lot of space in the cabin for the bifold doors to open/close.

Here's what the balcony of a S2 sky suite on the Edge looks like (as of Aug 2021), which of course is much wider than an IV cabin.

80EB4BA9-72CF-4FE6-817C-48DCC80C6697.jpeg

Here's a picture I found on the Internet of an IV veranda balcony.

Celebrity Edge Infinite Veranda Stateroom Review | LaptrinhX / News

If both cabin mates wanted to sit on the balcony together with the window open, they could also leave the doors open, as it would be a moot point it the AC was turned off. However, if one wanted to enjoy the "open window" fresh air on the balcony while the other wanted to sit inside the cabin and enjoy the cool air from the AC, then there would be plenty of room on the balcony for the one person.

As far as the furniture goes, it appears to be the same for both category types on the Edge-class ships.

26 minutes ago, Whinenowine said:

That's phenomenal pricing, congrats @wineoclock! I just booked a 2024 Concierge cabin (E) on a Grandeur 7Day cruise for the equivalent of GBP9k total for the two of us (incl flights and hotel) and I thought THAT was good pricing....now I've got buyer's envy.  😁 

But even my pricing makes the similar itineraries of the Beyond and Ascent look ridiculously expensive by comparison.

It’s this cruise - I have to say I’m very pleased with the price.

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/SPL241024/summary?source=CruiseSearch&r=EURMD&m=2024-10&sh=SPL

I also have a suite guarantee for my upcoming Beyond so I’m not going to be too disappointed with the lack of butler as I paid just under £7800 for 10 nights which at current X prices isn’t too bad. 

16 minutes ago, wineoclock said:

It’s this cruise - I have to say I’m very pleased with the price.

https://www.rssc.com/cruises/SPL241024/summary?source=CruiseSearch&r=EURMD&m=2024-10&sh=SPL

I also have a suite guarantee for my upcoming Beyond so I’m not going to be too disappointed with the lack of butler as I paid just under £7800 for 10 nights which at current X prices isn’t too bad. 

Some nice ports of call, too.  Mine is a ho-hum December Caribbean cruise...but it's just meant as a relaxing get-away, don't really care about the ports--just the pampering...and good wine, of course!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I have a two word phrase for it, but in the interest of political correctness, I will refrain from saying it. 🙊 I will just say there was a hit song about it some decades ago, and an episode of a popular sitcom about it a couple of decades later. 

And don't forget the new Harry Potter film - Whole Tomato and the search for the Holy Grail ...

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Here's what the balcony of a S2 sky suite on the Edge looks like (as of Aug 2021), which of course is much wider than an IV cabin.

80EB4BA9-72CF-4FE6-817C-48DCC80C6697.jpeg

Here's a picture I found on the Internet of an IV veranda balcony.

Celebrity Edge Infinite Veranda Stateroom Review | LaptrinhX / News

If both cabin mates wanted to sit on the balcony together with the window open, they could also leave the doors open, as it would be a moot point it the AC was turned off. However, if one wanted to enjoy the "open window" fresh air on the balcony while the other wanted to sit inside the cabin and enjoy the cool air from the AC, then there would be plenty of room on the balcony for the one person.

As far as the furniture goes, it appears to be the same for both category types on the Edge-class ships.

Thanks. The chairs would be impossible for my wife with her mobility issues. Even for fit passengers the seats look designed to be used for a few minutes not for a couple of hours or more relaxing  which is how we use our valcony. There is certainly no neck or back support.

Suites are way above our price range so we will happily stick to S class balconies and let others enjoy the delights of an IV.

• Like 2