3rd 4th Guests free - Doesn't show as free when booking

Incognito1

Logged in, hit Deals (where 3rd 4th sails free shows), scrolled to 3rd & 4th Guests Sail Free, clicked on the destination I wanted (tried it with more than one), but when I book for 4 passengers-- regardless of type of cabin -- it shows the fee for all four.

What am I doing wrong?

4 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

Logged in, hit Deals (where 3rd 4th sails free shows), scrolled to 3rd & 4th Guests Sail Free, clicked on the destination I wanted (tried it with more than one), but when I book for 4 passengers-- regardless of type of cabin -- it shows the fee for all four.

What am I doing wrong?

The Princess site auto books you to what is the "best" deal based on two guests. Right now, it assigns the promo for drop and go or resident pricing as the "best" deal as the price for guests 1 and 2 is lower. However, the "Deals you'll love" promo (code N7S) actually works out as a better price for anyone looking for 3 or 4 guests as 3rd and 4th sail free. You would need to call to book and request N7S promo (or N7P if you want the plus package) - the price for pax 1 and 2 is higher, but 3 and 4 would only pay taxes/fees.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

Thanks.  I thought of that, but it isn't the fees and taxes.  It's the full fare.  Guess I'm going to have to call -- and sit on hold forever.  Sigh.

last time I called Princess (last week) they answered the phone in about 30 seconds.

The 3rd/4th person sails free promo isn't on our cruise anymore, even though it was supposedly good through Sept. 30th. I noticed a week or so ago that the regular fare reappeared for the third and fourth passengers in a cabin. So it seems like it now only applies to certain cruises. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

The 3rd/4th person sails free promo isn't on our cruise anymore, even though it was supposedly good through Sept. 30th. I noticed a week or so ago that the regular fare reappeared for the third and fourth passengers in a cabin. So it seems like it now only applies to certain cruises. 

I haven't checked this promotion specifically, but many Princess promotions are capacity controlled. They will only sell a certain number under the promotion, and then it's no longer available.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, rocklinmom said:

I just checked summer Alaska 2024 and could not find one single voyage that was with this promotion.  Was I surprised?   No.

• Like 2

If you plan on booking and have a 3rd/4th person I highly recommend either calling Princess or asking a TA to check - as I mentioned earlier, many times I go on the Princess site to check pricing (I always have a 3rd person) and there is no "free" 3rd person rate. However, as a TA, I can go into Polar and pull up the promo and it applies. The site is designed to give the best price on guest 1 and 2. It doesn't factor in the 3rd/4th free promo if the guest 1 and 2 rate is lower than the it is on the promo. As an example, I was looking at a 7 day on Discovery. The drop and go rate was $725CAD per person for one and two while the exciting deals (or whatever it's called with the 3/4 free) was $801 per person. So the site gave me the drop and go by default. The problem is, the 3rd guest under this deal was $436 but under the other deal was free. To see what the site is giving you, go through to the pricing screen and click on "applied promos" - if that says drop and go or resident rate then the 3/4 free doesn't apply, but it doesn't mean that rate isn't available!

Sorry, I don't think I'm explaining it very well!

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

If you plan on booking and have a 3rd/4th person I highly recommend either calling Princess or asking a TA to check - as I mentioned earlier, many times I go on the Princess site to check pricing (I always have a 3rd person) and there is no "free" 3rd person rate. However, as a TA, I can go into Polar and pull up the promo and it applies. The site is designed to give the best price on guest 1 and 2. It doesn't factor in the 3rd/4th free promo if the guest 1 and 2 rate is lower than the it is on the promo. As an example, I was looking at a 7 day on Discovery. The drop and go rate was $725CAD per person for one and two while the exciting deals (or whatever it's called with the 3/4 free) was $801 per person. So the site gave me the drop and go by default. The problem is, the 3rd guest under this deal was $436 but under the other deal was free. To see what the site is giving you, go through to the pricing screen and click on "applied promos" - if that says drop and go or resident rate then the 3/4 free doesn't apply, but it doesn't mean that rate isn't available!

Sorry, I don't think I'm explaining it very well!

No, I think you did explain it very well.