Cruising P&O with a 6 month old.... good or bad idea?

amurray88

Hi folks,

I'm just about to book for my wife, my 6 month old and I to go on Azura on 5th January.

Is it a mistake to a 6 month old on a P&O cruise? We've never done P&O and I find it a bit too formal however, the cruise options are limited in Europe and we can go only go in January or March.

Ta!

31 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

Hi folks,

I'm just about to book for my wife, my 6 month old and I to go on Azura on 5th January.

Is it a mistake to a 6 month old on a P&O cruise? We've never done P&O and I find it a bit too formal however, the cruise options are limited in Europe and we can go only go in January or March.

Ta!

Where's the cruise from and to etc?

Flights will probably be hardest stage to manage depending how your baby reacts to it

Our baby girl 20 plus years ago never stopped screaming one canaries flight to the extent the stewardess let my wife go and sit away from other passengers in stewardess seat for most of the journey

Meanwhile our son a couple of years later would just sleep through as a baby on flights

Luck of the draw!! Lol

Don't think you will face any problems on the cruise at all

Plenty of places and options for you on there like someone says above just like being in a big hotel and you won't be alone with babies or young kids either I'm sure

Entirely possible with good parenting skills. We took our five month old to Denmark via ferry and train without incident. DFDS/Scandinavian Seaways provided a horrible little metal coffin thing for him, which he really hated, so he slept with us. No crying to disturb anyone, though that would be a potential issue.

56 minutes ago, molecrochip said:

Night nursery is great. It’s free. Drop them off, go grab a show, some dinner and only be called if they wake.

That is what my son and DIL did with our 8 month old grandson 12 years ago on Azura, and over a 12 night cruise their pager only bleeped twice.

28 minutes ago, Interestedcruisefan said:

First 2 times it bleeps you can ignore it!!

Lol

On our flight back from France, that's what the parents did when it started screaming. Ignore it. In fact they ignored it until we landed at Heathrow. Poor darling..Diddy wanna Liddle cuddle ?.🤣

• Like 1

Child registration

Every child (6 months-17 year olds) must be registered before they can book any sessions in The Reef or Scene. You can register each child 14 days ahead of your holiday at my.pocruises.com. You can book a session once on board. If there is a high demand for a session then we unfortunately cannot guarantee a place for every child.