My recent experiences with Princess customer service...Maybe I'm just fortuitous?

tml1230

Every day here I read  posts  from folks who proclaim that Princess customer service is non existent  (on a good day!). On a bad day?...its as useless as a case of ex-lax to a person suffering from food poisoning!

This morning I found a significant reduction in cost on a cruise we had already  booked in 2025 to Australia and the South Pacific. Wanting to cash in on this, At 0900 this morning I told my wife that I was going to use the Princess "chat function", and ...that according to many posters here..... it could be an agonizing and extremely lengthy adventure. So I logged on, clicked on the chat function. I immediately received the message that said "call volume was very significant and the first available agent would be with me on-line as soon as possible". I told my wife of 42 years that we may be celebrating our 43rd anniversary (next MAY) in the chat function Que.

Amazing as it sounds, 30 seconds later....Camelle joined the chat! She took all my information, verified it, and asked that we end the chat while she worked with "support" to honor my request. I thought OH BOY! ....here we go! ...She asked that I check back on Chat this afternoon, as she thought my time was to WAY to valuable to be on hold for an extended period of time.....yea right.....Lost in space episode 125!

To my surprise at noon I went to my account, and the new booking (and associated $3000 reduction) was in place!!

Last week I sent an email request for my CCL stock benefit for a cruise in 2 months...... within 3 hours that request was honored and displayed in my account!

I am beginning to believe that most passengers don't make the effort to post here unless they have a real (or perceived) negative issue....thats to bad.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 3

11 minutes ago, tml1230 said:

Every day here I read  posts  from folks who proclaim that Princess customer service is non existent  (on a good day!). On a bad day?...its as useless as a case of ex-lax to a person suffering from food poisoning!

This morning I found a significant reduction in cost on a cruise we had already  booked in 2025 to Australia and the South Pacific. Wanting to cash in on this, At 0900 this morning I told my wife that I was going to use the Princess "chat function", and ...that according to many posters here..... it could be an agonizing and extremely lengthy adventure. So I logged on, clicked on the chat function. I immediately received the message that said "call volume was very significant and the first available agent would be with me on-line as soon as possible". I told my wife of 42 years that we may be celebrating our 43rd anniversary (next MAY) in the chat function Que.

Amazing as it sounds, 30 seconds later....Camelle joined the chat! She took all my information, verified it, and asked that we end the chat while she worked with "support" to honor my request. I thought OH BOY! ....here we go! ...She asked that I check back on Chat this afternoon, as she thought my time was to WAY to valuable to be on hold for an extended period of time.....yea right.....Lost in space episode 125!

To my surprise at noon I went to my account, and the new booking (and associated $3000 reduction) was in place!!

Last week I sent an email request for my CCL stock benefit for a cruise in 2 months...... within 3 hours that request was honored and displayed in my account!

I am beginning to believe that most passengers don't make the effort to post here unless they have a real (or perceived) negative issue....thats to bad.

That is great!  And you are in the US?  I’m impressed.  
BTW, I love your sense of humor!

🤣

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tml1230 said:

I agree, we have great customer service via  chat and or phone,

I had a good experience with the Chat Session.  After two phone calls to customer service asking why my Medallion app is not working on my phone, two different "navigators" told me:  "the app will only work after final payment"!  What! Sounds screwy.  I linked on to a Chat Session, and in a few minutes, was texting with Joseph, explained my issue, he told me it will be corrected in 24 hours.  AND IT WAS!   That's great customer service!

• Like 3

22 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

That is great!  And you are in the US?  I’m impressed.  
BTW, I love your sense of humor!

🤣

thanks for the kind words!  we split our time between the mountains of western North Carolina, the Sarasota Florida area and Paris  (France , not Texas)...

I hope all l your journeys are  safe and memorable!

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, tml1230 said:

Agree.  Yesterday I noticed that a cruise we have booked for Jan 2025 had been reduced in price by $112.00.  Called our TA who verified that she was also seeing the reduction however she could not get into the right Princess system so she would have to call.  She continued to check in with me as I was on hold and at one point, I jokingly stated that Princess should add some OBC to my booking for keeping me waiting.  We both laughed and she continued her conversation with Princess.  Long story short, after an hour on the phone Princess not only reduced the fare by the $112.00 but reduced it another $100.00 because it took so long.  That is the kind of customer service I love from someone I do a lot of business with.  All smiles here!!!!

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, whitecap said:

Agree.  Yesterday I noticed that a cruise we have booked for Jan 2025 had been reduced in price by $112.00.  Called our TA who verified that she was also seeing the reduction however she could not get into the right Princess system so she would have to call.  She continued to check in with me as I was on hold and at one point, I jokingly stated that Princess should add some OBC to my booking for keeping me waiting.  We both laughed and she continued her conversation with Princess.  Long story short, after an hour on the phone Princess not only reduced the fare by the $112.00 but reduced it another $100.00 because it took so long.  That is the kind of customer service I love from someone I do a lot of business with.  All smiles here!!!!

Again, impressed!  Your TA sounds like a gem also.  Good for you.