Wheel of Fortune coming to NCL

DeSaxMan13

I tend to sit towards the back and on the end when I go to the shows in case I want to duck out real quick.  Especially when I don't really know what to expect.  I went to see Million dollar Quartet.  I knew who Elvis was, but never heard of the other three before.  It didn't take long for me to realize that show wasn't for me.  Off to the bar I went 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dbrown84 said:

I tend to sit towards the back and on the end when I go to the shows in case I want to duck out real quick.  Especially when I don't really know what to expect.  I went to see Million dollar Quartet.  I knew who Elvis was, but never heard of the other three before.  It didn't take long for me to realize that show wasn't for me.  Off to the bar I went 🙂

Never heard of the other three...seriously?

Perkins, okay.

Jerry Lee Lewis, a bit surprising.

Johnny Cash, OMG

If I may ask, how old are you? Under 40 I hope.

It's you're prerogative to not like any show, of course.

I saw this show locally in a high-scale production. If the performers are top notch, it can be great (mine was). Not so much if you don't care for the music.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Perkins, okay.

Johnny Cash, OMG

I saw this show locally in a high-scale production. If the performers are top notch, it can be great (mine was). Not so much if you don't care for the music.

nope, I'm 50.  and nope, never heard of them.  Everyone doesn't listen to the same music.  I'm sure there are some performers that I consider all time greats that you've haven't heard of before.  And I just googled Jonny Cash.  He's a country singer born in 1932.  No way I would have ever heard of him.  Nothing wrong with that, we're all different

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dbrown84 said:

nope, I'm 50.  and nope, never heard of them.  Everyone doesn't listen to the same music.  I'm sure there are some performers that I consider all time greats that you've haven't heard of before.  And I just googled Jonny Cash.  He's a country singer born in 1932.  No way I would have ever heard of him.  Nothing wrong with that, we're all different

I totally agree - there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I am surprised only because Cash was an icon until he passed in 2003.

Some of his records went big on the pop charts as well.

Even if you were not exposed to his music, i would expect that you would have at least heard the name.

But you now have me curious.

What genre(s) are you into? Obviously not country.

2 hours ago, LittleNinja said:

I was picked for the NCL Wheel of Fortune on Aug 26th 2023 on Norwegian Escape.  I didn’t realize it was a pilot.  Had a blast

IMG_4412.jpeg

Jack Gow!!  I thought he was a GREAT CD when I cruised on the Escape in March!!  He had so much energy, I have no idea how he does it, of course I AM almost 20 years his senior!), how he could dance for the first 45 minutes of the Glow Party I have no idea.

You had a blast, but - did you win anything?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruiser2015 said:

I totally agree - there's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I am surprised only because Cash was an icon until he passed in 2003.

Some of his records went big on the pop charts as well.

Even if you were not exposed to his music, i would expect that you would have at least heard the name.

But you now have me curious.

What genre(s) are you into? Obviously not country.

Hip Hop, R&B.  and go-go (you may have never heard of that one if you're not from the DC area)

On 10/2/2023 at 2:57 PM, hallux said:

Jack Gow!!  I thought he was a GREAT CD when I cruised on the Escape in March!!  He had so much energy, I have no idea how he does it, of course I AM almost 20 years his senior!), how he could dance for the first 45 minutes of the Glow Party I have no idea.

You had a blast, but - did you win anything?!

We absolutely loved Jack when we did Transatlantic last November

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2023 at 4:36 PM, cruiser2015 said:

Perkins, okay.

Johnny Cash, OMG

This Millennial knew them all...well not Perkins, but I knew "Blue Suede Shoes." I enjoyed Million Dollar Quartet, but would definitely appreciate music from 2000 to today...or shows that are from this decade. Probably not going to happen on NCL any time soon since they continually cater to the silent generation. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cruiseny4life said:

This Millennial knew them all...well not Perkins, but I knew "Blue Suede Shoes." I enjoyed Million Dollar Quartet, but would definitely appreciate music from 2000 to today...or shows that are from this decade. Probably not going to happen on NCL any time soon since they continually cater to the silent generation. 

I have a 15 night transatlantic with only 2 production shows and one game show coming up. Thankfully Blazing Boots is one of the shows which is from the 21st century. The other is music from the 70s.

NCL was suppose to have good entertainment. Seems that statement is out of date now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, SoloAlaska said:

I have a 15 night transatlantic with only 2 production shows and one game show coming up. Thankfully Blazing Boots is one of the shows which is from the 21st century. The other is music from the 70s.

NCL was suppose to have good entertainment. Seems that statement is out of date now.

How times have changed. This is how I felt when I took my first cruise in 1994 on a ship full of old people and Lawrence Welk music was the only music played on the ship. Now when I'm rocking out to my 70's music, I will realize I have become one of the old people.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3