Procedure on B2B cruises

ColoradoCruiser88

Hello,

We have never cruised back to back before and will have our first B3B cruise on Celebrity next year, with Sydney, Australia being the turnaround port.

We will have the same cabin for all 3 legs.  What is the procedure on the turnaround days, please?  Trying to figure out how early we can book DIY excursions/sightseeing.  Also, is it possible to stay in the cabin in the morning, or do we have to disembark?

Thanks!

You will receive a "transit pass" that allows you to leave the ship. Show the pass to return to ship. You will skip the lines. You will receive the passes and full directions the last night or two before your departure from the ship. You can leave at anytime before you are required to meet with other B2B cruisers. Plan you tours and have fun!

Ask if you can keep the seapass card from the previous cruise. You will be issued a new card for each cruise and may (sometimes do and sometimes not) give you credit card number. The non refundable OBC each at the end of the cruise will expire, they unlike some other lines cannot accumulate. Each segment of a B2B is a new cruise.

Edited by Orator

Sydney is interesting in that you will be required to physically leave the ship on the turnaround day.  You will also go through Australian Border Force procedures once you return on turnaround day, and once back on board you will not be able to leave the ship.  But there are a number of interesting attractions very close to the Overseas Passenger Terminal so this is a great city to spend a turnaround day.

@Orator and @Northern Aurora,

Thank you both for the additional info!  I like to keep all my seapasses, so good to know I can get them back.

Makes it a little tricky that we all Must get off the ship (by 10 am) and then cannot get off again once we come back onto the ship.  I will need to strategize a bit more, but I have some time.

This is all good info - thanks again, everyone!

1 hour ago, ColoradoCruiser88 said:

Makes it a little tricky that we all Must get off the ship (by 10 am) and then cannot get off again once we come back onto the ship.  I will need to strategize a bit more, but I have some time.

This is all good info - thanks again, everyone!

Actually, given our experience in Sydney (the last being in March/April 2023 while on a B2B2B2B with all turnaround days in Sydney plus prior turnaround days in Sydney when on prior cruises through the years) all B2B passengers in Sydney will be off the prior to 10 AM.  There is so much to see and do within easy walking distance from the OPT you will be fine.  

Lately they have been collecting seapass cards and then return them at the end of your B2B series.   I think they said they think the passenger may get confused.   I suspect it is more that they think someone may flash one to get something for which they aren't entitled to on a subsequent sailing like a Suite card or Bev Package.

Any way you do get them back.  I have one from every sailing except one where the machine that ding'ed me off the machine ate it and it dropped down inside.

9 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Actually, given our experience in Sydney (the last being in March/April 2023 while on a B2B2B2B with all turnaround days in Sydney plus prior turnaround days in Sydney when on prior cruises through the years) all B2B passengers in Sydney will be off the prior to 10 AM.  There is so much to see and do within easy walking distance from the OPT you will be fine.  

Agree there is lots to see and do.  On one of the turnaround days, was debating the early morning bridge climb for 3 of us - not sure if I would be able to do it myself so was going to wait for them in my cabin onboard ship.  Then all of us go off exploring.  This isn’t going to work, but no worries.  Lots of alternatives!

35 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Lately they have been collecting seapass cards and then return them at the end of your B2B series.   I think they said they think the passenger may get confused.   I suspect it is more that they think someone may flash one to get something for which they aren't entitled to on a subsequent sailing like a Suite card or Bev Package.

Any way you do get them back.  I have one from every sailing except one where the machine that ding'ed me off the machine ate it and it dropped down inside.

Aah….both scenarios makes sense!

So sorry you lost your card - I scrapbook, which is why I wouldn’t be happy if I couldn’t keep mine!

1 hour ago, wrk2cruise said:

I have been on B2B where you had to ask for them back and twice my request was refused. Had to stop at Guest Relations one time to secure the card.