Do you get a receipt when pre paying gratuities

Therese S.

For my last 3 cruises we had enough onboard credit to cover most of the daily tips so we didn't prepay in advance.   We have a 7 day cruise coming up and this time no onboard credits, so today I prepaid the gratuities through my Princess account.  Shouldn't I get an email as proof of payment?  I like to have all my documents in order of any prepaid items such as excursions, water, soda, alcohol etc just in case of any hiccups.  I have verified the charge hit our VISA today and I'm still waiting for an email receipt that I can print as proof and take with me.  I never leave anything to chance and like to be prepared. 

Do you normally get an email receipt from Princess when you prepay the gratuities?  

4 hours ago, Therese S. said:

For my last 3 cruises we had enough onboard credit to cover most of the daily tips so we didn't prepay in advance.   We have a 7 day cruise coming up and this time no onboard credits, so today I prepaid the gratuities through my Princess account.  Shouldn't I get an email as proof of payment?  I like to have all my documents in order of any prepaid items such as excursions, water, soda, alcohol etc just in case of any hiccups.  I have verified the charge hit our VISA today and I'm still waiting for an email receipt that I can print as proof and take with me.  I never leave anything to chance and like to be prepared. 

Do you normally get an email receipt from Princess when you prepay the gratuities?  

No receipt by email.

Go to your cruise personalizer on the website.

Payment and Credit tab.

Under Credit is ..Optional Gratuity Pre Payment…  and clicking on Select shows 

tips are paid or balance 0, Print that or screenshot that page.

I haven’t done this in a while, so may be a little different.  Also, see if your travel summary shows anything.

Thank you all for your help on this.  I learned something today.  I always thought control P was the same as print screen.  When attempting to use Control P to print screen it wasn't picking up the item Crew Appreciation  Pre Payment has been paid that I wanted to print.     After looking  my keyboard over... lo and behold there's a print screen button Duh!  Oh the things we forget when we retire! 

On 9/30/2023 at 11:23 AM, 1965 said:

Yes. This.

If you have windows 10 or later you can also use the snip tool.  Use the shortcut “Windows logo key + shift + S” then use the mouse to drag a box around the section so the screen you want to copy.