Platinum question

DanWin

Hi everyone. Quick question.  My husband and will turn platinum on our upcoming cruise. Since we will have priority boarding do we still have to pick a boarding time?  We like to arrive at the port early to get on board for the first group. So do I have to log on at midnight to get the time we want?  Sorry if this is a silly question but I like to cover all the bases. Thanks very much for your help!

• Like 2

yes you still have pick a time. this is the arrival time. the time you will arrive at the terminal. this is not your boarding time. Check in for platinum open at 16 days prior to sail date. there is usually no need to log on midnight

non platinum people check in opens at 14 days prior to sail date. as platinum, you have an extra  2 day to do the check in and select your arrival time

• Like 5

Yeah, you probably don't need to do the midnight thing. But first thing in the morning at least select your Arrival Time. You'll likely be able to get either the 10a or 10:30a slot (typically the first two) and be comfortably seated in the Priority Lounge when they start calling guests in order that's something like 1) weddings, 2) Diamonds 3) Suites, 4) Platinums, 5)FttF, 6) AO1, 2, 3.....

• Like 1

I turned Platinum on our June cruise and was not even aware of the 2-day head start. We were not interested in being first on board, but I do remember we checked in online on what I now realize was the second day of Platinum check-in, and it appeared all time slots were still open. So I agree you don’t need to do the midnight thing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisingnana said:

If I choose the earliest time, but we are a little bit later will that cause a problem in getting into terminal?

it depends on the terminal and how they enforce the arrival times. some terminals is better then others. most terminals very rarely check the arrival time at all

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Butterbean1000 said:

Let me piggy back on this question.  If you have a check in time of say 12:00 and arrive at 11:00.  Do you have to wait til noon to board or is there a priority line?  We're going to be at the mercy of a hotel shuttle to get to the port.

Once again, your arrival appointment is for when you enter the terminal to begin the check-in process, NOT when you board the ship.  I've done 5 cruises this year and all of them actually did check your boarding pass for arrival appointment and directed you into the appropriate line, but it varies by port.

Most of the time the earliest arrival times are going to end up sitting in the terminal for an hour or so before getting on the ship, I've found it much more relaxing to opt for a late arrival appointment to avoid the lines and walk directly onto the ship.

Normally we drive to our port and wait until 1:00 - 1:30 to check so we don't have to lug around our carry on stuff !!  This time we are flying in the day before and have to check out of hotel by 11:00 so we will get an earlier check in time.  Hopefully turning Platinum this time, we can drop stuff off in our room then leave and let them finish their work. 

On 10/2/2023 at 10:52 AM, coldinkansas said:

Normally we drive to our port and wait until 1:00 - 1:30 to check so we don't have to lug around our carry on stuff !!  This time we are flying in the day before and have to check out of hotel by 11:00 so we will get an earlier check in time.  Hopefully turning Platinum this time, we can drop stuff off in our room then leave and let them finish their work. 

You choose your check in tume