Saga sale

Windsurfboy

I see on my carribean cruise, either they've just sold 10 midship suites , or they've just upgraded 10 people because of price guarantee. Perhaps paying for one is not best tactic,  book deluxe and hope to be upgraded.

I know once you've  booked don't look at prices.

• Like 2

I’ve just seen Saga’s full page advert in today’s Telegraph, advertising 6 winter cruises.  The prices for guarantee cabins are lower than those on Saga’s website.  One would hope that any saving is passed on to clients who booked previously or haven’t seen the advert.

• Like 2

The cruises advertised are:

7 November SD120. £6512

5 January SU105. £3418,

20 January. SU106. £2764

3 February SU107. £7999

17 February  SD129. £4056

4 March. SU108  £3573.

Only guarantee cabin prices are shown.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, LandC said:

The cruises advertised are:

7 November SD120. £6512

5 January SU105. £3418,

20 January. SU106. £2764

3 February SU107. £7999

17 February  SD129. £4056

4 March. SU108  £3573.

Only guarantee cabin prices are shown.

Thanks for that. It looks like our cruise hasn’t been included in this ad. 

We have a target price for a suite of £1000 per night. Don't care how we get it, so not booked for anything next year. We may have to up it for 2025.

Thinking of river cruise next year as the Ocean ones just aren't appealing enough to us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LandC said:

We’re hoping that Saga will introduce some more interesting itineraries for 2025, and even a few fly cruises - fingers crossed!

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing some fly options ... if they were departing from North America. 😉 Would save me significant time in the air.

• Like 2

The "small print" of Saga's price promise reads

"This applies as long as the discounted holiday is the same package offered under the same terms of sale (which means the full terms that apply to your holiday contract, including your cabin grade and whether your cabin is allocated at the time of booking or at embarkation). Ad-hoc services are excluded. In calculating any possible saving due, we’ll take into consideration all offers and discounts that were applied at the time of booking and compare the overall price that you’ve been charged with the current price. We will pass on the value of the saving in the form of a higher-grade cabin, or other added value benefit."

The highlighting is mine but is significant. You only get additional benefit if you could have subsequently booked your cabin at a lower price than you are paying, as the purpose of the guarantee is to ensure that you do not lose out by booking early. I am on SU106, sadly not in a suite but in a standard single cabin. I booked early and the price I paid is less than the current price. So I will not get additional benefit, neither would I expect to get any unless the price falls to less than I am paying.

56 minutes ago, Denarius said:

The "small print" of Saga's price promise reads

"This applies as long as the discounted holiday is the same package offered under the same terms of sale (which means the full terms that apply to your holiday contract, including your cabin grade and whether your cabin is allocated at the time of booking or at embarkation). Ad-hoc services are excluded. In calculating any possible saving due, we’ll take into consideration all offers and discounts that were applied at the time of booking and compare the overall price that you’ve been charged with the current price. We will pass on the value of the saving in the form of a higher-grade cabin, or other added value benefit."

The highlighting is mine but is significant. You only get additional benefit if you could have subsequently booked your cabin at a lower price than you are paying, as the purpose of the guarantee is to ensure that you do not lose out by booking early. I am on SU106, sadly not in a suite but in a standard single cabin. I booked early and the price I paid is less than the current price. So I will not get additional benefit, neither would I expect to get any unless the price falls to less than I am paying.

As all the offers and lower prices are on a guarantee basis, no one who paid a standard fare will ever be eligible nevermind how low the price drops. Still booking early is best. 

In fact it's only the people who booked late under the higher guarantee fare who will be eligible as they are offering same condition lower fare.

Edited by Windsurfboy