Another Live from thread - Queen Victoria Greek Islands

rakkor

I've not heard a a single plane, apparently Jane has, but I must have been in the shower and missed it, plus we've been out all morning which is why I'm a little late posting my latest excerpt - It there now https://blog.rakkor.uk but you'll have to wait a bit longer for the Daily Programme as myVoyage is down so can't access it at the moment

Edited by rakkor
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, rakkor said:

I've not heard a a single plane, apparently Jane has, but I must have been in the shower and missed it, plus we've been out all morning which is why I'm a little late posting my latest excerpt - It there now https://blog.rakkor.uk but you'll have to wait a bit longer for the Daily Programme as myVoyage is down so can't access it at the moment

3 planes in quick succession @ 0900 but no more heard by us.

• Like 1

The WiFi has been spotty today, and myVoyage has been down all day only coming back to life at 8 pm which was a relief in downloading today's daily programme. It's also been very hot on board, Jane found the PG restaurant unbearable at dinner.

I've uploaded the Daily programme to https://blog.rakkor.uk

• Like 2

On 10/14/2023 at 1:26 PM, PurpleMoonlight said:

Watching is fine , it's the hearing that isn't. 😁

The roar of jets taking off was what I missed most here during lockdowns.

I was happy not to have the rasping exhausts from cars and motor bikes, but jet roar is a low level sound and told me that we were still in contact with the rest of the world.

I'm more than happy to hear them at any time of day or night!

• Like 1

Day 15 and the latest blog entry is now published. We've been having lots of internet issues the last couple of days, with my connection disconnecting and having t o reconnect all the time. When connected it's good, but the connection seems unstable

https://blog.rakkor.uk

Edited by rakkor
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, D&N said:

The roar of jets taking off was what I missed most here during lockdowns.

I was happy not to have the rasping exhausts from cars and motor bikes, but jet roar is a low level sound and told me that we were still in contact with the rest of the world.

I'm more than happy to hear them at any time of day or night!

We had the almost the entire BA 747 fleet in storage down here during the first lockdown. I don’t think any of them ever flew for BA again. Quite sad in a way.

• Like 2

Day 16's blog post updated as well as today's Daily Programme https://blog.rakkor.uk

We've had our first bit of bad weather in a rainy Lisbon this morning, it's not too bad, 21C and showers, but after pretty much unbroken sun since leaving blighty it's a reminder we're heading back home. That and the dreaded baggage labels appearing yesterday.

IMG_20231017_081902.thumb.jpg.a075e43fe9e99f319277886ccd80a494.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rakkor said:

Day 16's blog post updated as well as today's Daily Programme https://blog.rakkor.uk

We've had our first bit of bad weather in a rainy Lisbon this morning, it's not too bad, 21C and showers, but after pretty much unbroken sun since leaving blighty it's a reminder we're heading back home. That and the dreaded baggage labels appearing yesterday.

IMG_20231017_081902.thumb.jpg.a075e43fe9e99f319277886ccd80a494.jpg

Yes, the labels and that depressing missive entitled something like Southampton landing arrangements. And then the next day or the day after you come back from breakfast to find the luggage mat on the bed, and you know the end is at hand.

• Like 1

Despite the forthcoming return to Southampton, it has been a fabulous voyage, with near perfect weather until arriving in Lisbon, a lovely atmosphere on the ship, staff who have been chatty and warm to us, a lot of really superb ballroom and Latin dancing in the Queens Room, with an excellent Queens Room orchestra, as well as some good Ballroom music played by both the Amethyst Duo, and the Watson Duo. Much of the recorded music had been good to dance to as well.

The theatre has seen some wonderful performances, with several great singing shows.

The ports of call have been lovely, and the replacement for Mykonos we enjoyed hugely.

So all in all we will return home at the end of the week with many happy memories.

• Like 8

It's a shame the weather has been so lousy in Lisbon, we were intending to go and have a Cataplana, Jane's favourite, for lunch and get a few chores out of the way including a haircut for myself, but every time we were about to get off the ship the heavens opened again. This is the first of many visits to Lisbon where it's rained. One highlight is we've won our second team trivia in a row, which given our abysmal showings on every other quiz is a miracle

IMG_20231017_134616.thumb.jpg.ba05b691707f02bea913f71136c41047.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

Despite the forthcoming return to Southampton, it has been a fabulous voyage, with near perfect weather until arriving in Lisbon, a lovely atmosphere on the ship, staff who have been chatty and warm to us, a lot of really superb ballroom and Latin dancing in the Queens Room, with an excellent Queens Room orchestra, as well as some good Ballroom music played by both the Amethyst Duo, and the Watson Duo. Much of the recorded music had been good to dance to as well.

The theatre has seen some wonderful performances, with several great singing shows.

The ports of call have been lovely, and the replacement for Mykonos we enjoyed hugely.

So all in all we will return home at the end of the week with many happy memories.

From previous posts about your concern about declining dance atmosphere on Cunard, I am happy to hear that the dancing in QR has been superb for you. 
We’re looking forward to the same experience next year in Alaska back on QE. 

Thanks for keeping us up to date with your travels @rakkor, thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog each day! Cannot wait to be on board on Friday! 

I was wondering if anyone on board will know if the four Ds will be staying on for the next cruise? We saw them last March and then again in May on QE and QM2 and thought they were brilliant! 

4 minutes ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

Yes it looks like staying rocky all the way back to Southampton and a wet welcome back home. Still we can't complain after a lovely few weeks in the Med.

It is very wet and windy here at the moment, continuing on until tomorrow. It might be a little brighter by Friday. Much worse in Scotland.

3 hours ago, exlondoner said:

It is very wet and windy here at the moment, continuing on until tomorrow. It might be a little brighter by Friday. Much worse in Scotland.

No, it won’t. Southampton has a heavy rain warning for Friday morning. Sorry.