Scavi Tour

nadeki

5 hours ago, GrandmaOhio said:

http://visite.scavi.va/scavi/web/showRequest.page?

This is the link I am directed to for payment, minus my reservation info.

If you move on to the following page, where you would actually enter your cc info, it looks like a secure page -- url changes to ePay and also see bottom of page. 

It seems others have used it without problems, although wading through the info online about ePay isn't exactly inspiring either. 

At the end of the day, however, I think it's the only way to secure your tickets so -- decision is yours to make.

• Like 1

Well, I’ve emailed (several times from 2 different email addresses, one Gmail), I’ve submitted the form referenced above, and I’ve faxed them requesting dates for the first week of May 2024. I have heard nothing. I started emailing 10/1 and last 10/27, and faxed on 10/25. Does that mean they just can’t meet my dates or am I just one of the ones they haven’t gotten to yet?  Opinions? I will new so upset if I can’t get a reservation!😭

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, redtinarn said:

Well, I’ve emailed (several times from 2 different email addresses, one Gmail), I’ve submitted the form referenced above, and I’ve faxed them requesting dates for the first week of May 2024. I have heard nothing. I started emailing 10/1 and last 10/27, and faxed on 10/25. Does that mean they just can’t meet my dates or am I just one of the ones they haven’t gotten to yet?  Opinions? I will new so upset if I can’t get a reservation!😭

I can’t imagine how discouraged and frustrated you must be. Your dates are pretty far out and so I’d think the chances of your requested dates being full is small. How many different date options did you give them?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mahdnc said:

I can’t imagine how discouraged and frustrated you must be. Your dates are pretty far out and so I’d think the chances of your requested dates being full is small. How many different date options did you give them?

Thank you for your kindness.❤️ I originally sent 2 days (sent from 2 different email addresses) then realized one of those days is the day we arrive in Rome!🥱😴 I never got a response, so I then changed it to 3 days as options not including the day we arrive in Rome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redtinarn said:

Thank you for your kindness.❤️ I originally sent 2 days (sent from 2 different email addresses) then realized one of those days is the day we arrive in Rome!🥱😴 I never got a response, so I then changed it to 3 days as options not including the day we arrive in Rome. 

I would advise a little patience. The Scavi operation is small (you'll see what I mean when you walk through the "office" on your way to your tour); it's not part of the bigger booking system of the Vatican museum. Their responses can be erratic and seem to happen on God's time, to use a quaint phrase....

Don't let it sit forever, but give them a week or two to see if they respond. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, after updating dates several times, the last updates were sent by form online  (noted at the top of this thread), we got tickets! I submitted the form at night and by morning had tickets. The only struggle is that it’s for the morning we arrive in Italy!😩 Oh well, I am thankful just to have tickets, regard how tired I’m going to be when we go! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, redtinarn said:

Well, after updating dates several times, the last updates were sent by form online  (noted at the top of this thread), we got tickets! I submitted the form at night and by morning had tickets. The only struggle is that it’s for the morning we arrive in Italy!😩 Oh well, I am thankful just to have tickets, regard how tired I’m going to be when we go! 

Congratulations and thanks for letting all of us know. Enjoy your tour!  It’s well worth it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1