Scavi Tour

nadeki

Can anyone assist me. We will be in Rome next June. 
I want to do the Scavi underground tour. I do not want book through Viator and pay inflated prices

I have emailed (many ) as the website says. I have included all requested information. I have not had any response. 

A relative lives in Europe and phones me. They just said email and hung up. 

has anyone had success making contact?

We faxed the requested info and received a quick reply. As soon as they approve your visit, they request payment which we paid promptly. Check the official website and you will see it says to fax or visit the Excavations office in person to submit a request. Good luck!

• Like 1

Last year, I was able to get Scavi Tour tickets for my date of choice by filling out the Contact Us form on the official Scavi website.  A couple days afterward, I received an email asking me to review my reservation and confirm my request.

image.thumb.png.839ea4708c1ddf0c5af9082af889662d.png

• Like 2

Good luck... this is a great tour, very small group and tight quarters but very interesting.

I sensed that the crew that runs this is completely different than the high volume ticket sales crew at the Vatican Museum (with computers and barcodes, etc).    The folks for the Scavi tour were very friendly and great tour guides, but not the best English, and maybe a bit unorganized.     Treat it like a small business and keep trying... it will be worth the effort.   

• Like 3

20 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Last year, I was able to get Scavi Tour tickets for my date of choice by filling out the Contact Us form on the official Scavi website.  A couple days afterward, I received an email asking me to review my reservation and confirm my request.

Thank you. I have had no response doing it this way. Perhaps I am too early for June ?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Your paperwork has a different email. I am going to try sending to that one. 

thank you. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, nadeki said:

Your paperwork has a different email. I am going to try sending to that one. 

thank you. 

No, I confused you.  You do not actually write an email to them from your account.  Instead use the contact form on the Scavi website and submit your request that way.  Here is a link to the contact form page.  The email image I posted was meant to show what the email response back to you would eventually look like.  Do not use the email address listed there to submit your request.  Sorry for the confusion and good luck.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, nadeki said:

Thank you. I have had no response doing it this way. Perhaps I am too early for June ?

I submitted my request for Scavi tickets 6 months in advance of the tour.  So we know 6 months out definitely works.  I think the problem might have been that you emailed them directly instead of using the contact form which I posted earlier.

• Like 2

Six months may be the outside longest. At one time I remember they were holding requests that were early and sending acceptances 3-4 months in advance.

I also caution that I’ve had problems through the years using my Yahoo email for European correspondence. Emails just don’t show up sometimes, not even in spam filter. It’s one reason I created a gmail account years ago. The Vatican was one of these …. So if you have a different email, you might try it.

(by Yahoo I mean any of their many domains like bellsouth.net also)

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Six months may be the outside longest. At one time I remember they were holding requests that were early and sending acceptances 3-4 months in advance.

I also caution that I’ve had problems through the years using my Yahoo email for European correspondence. Emails just don’t show up sometimes, not even in spam filter. It’s one reason I created a gmail account years ago. The Vatican was one of these …. So if you have a different email, you might try it.

(by Yahoo I mean any of their many domains like bellsouth.net also)

Thank you. Today I emailed from gmail. We are over six months out. Let’s see what happens!! 

I really want this experience 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Good luck, it’s really an interesting tour!

It worked!! I got a response !!

I am going to pay now. 

I have goose bumps. It is exciting. 

thank you so much 

• Like 2

On 10/5/2023 at 6:23 AM, mahdnc said:

No, I confused you.  You do not actually write an email to them from your account.  Instead use the contact form on the Scavi website and submit your request that way.  Here is a link to the contact form page.  The email image I posted was meant to show what the email response back to you would eventually look like.  Do not use the email address listed there to submit your request.  Sorry for the confusion and good luck.

It actually worked from the email. I had used contact us form previously with no response. All is good now. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nadeki said:

It actually worked from the email. I had used contact us form previously with no response. All is good now. 

Congratulations.  When the time comes, you will need to review the entry directions as it has its own separate side entrance away from the main entrance.  

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/6/2023 at 6:36 AM, nadeki said:

It worked!! I got a response !!

I am going to pay now. 

I have goose bumps. It is exciting. 

thank you so much 

Can you please tell me if you used the form mentioned above and what email address did you send it to? I sent one on 10/1 and have not heard anything. I used the same email address my friend used for her trip that worked: scavi@fsp.va 

I want to send another one through my Gmail just to make sure.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, redtinarn said:

Can you please tell me if you used the form mentioned above and what email address did you send it to? I sent one on 10/1 and have not heard anything. I used the same email address my friend used for her trip that worked: scavi@fsp.va 

I want to send another one through my Gmail just to make sure.

IMG_3750.thumb.png.0daef057485779c8292def86f7a61b55.png

• Like 1

On 10/18/2023 at 5:35 AM, nadeki said:

I used the email address on this form. I got a reply the same day. 

I had tried everything else with no luck. 

I hope it works for you. 

I still haven’t heard from them. We are requesting the first week in May, so I thought we would hear from them since you had heard from them for June.😞 I will try faxing next. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, GrandmaOhio said:

No, it’s just http, no S and my browser says it is not secure.  

It makes me hesitant to give my credit card info.  Seems weird in this day and age for a website like this to not be secure. 🤷🏻‍♀️

what is the url of the website you are referencing?

• Like 1

Now I am back to having a dilemma!! Today I received an email stating they are pleased to confirm three tickets for my date. 

I had requested and paid for six. 

therefore, I will attempt to reply and let them know I already have the reservation. I am hoping nothing gets canceled etc. 

perhaps they just now are going through old emails ?

Best of luck to everyone. 

• Like 1