Brazilian VISA

rhsjr

You are welcomed!

In the announcement Brazil Gov never admitted the evisa application process was not well planned and implemented. 42% of applicants presented inaccuracies in documents sent is hard to believe! 

• Like 1

Anyone know if we can get our fees refunded.  In the info from them, it says no refunds but if we visit before April. ????    I just received an email today that they want my bank info again and travel plans/  Our cruise is less than a month away so I guess I don't bother sending anything in.  I doubt we will ever visit Brazil again.  Probably won't be around in ten years.    OR do I still send it in even if we never use it?

I wouldn't send the bank info in since it sounds like it is no longer required........but seems unlikely you would ever get your $$ back so I would definitely go ahead and get your visa as you just never know (I think it is 10-years right?) and wouldn't want to have to pay or do it again.

21 minutes ago, topkatz said:

Not that it matters given the current news...

Applied on Dec 7 and received visas on Jan 6.

Any useful tips. File size JPEG PDF PNG? 
did you get accepted with no requests for modifications?

12 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

12 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

You might want to wait a bit. I think the requirements are being revised to make them more user friendly. 

13 minutes ago, SophieM said:

You might want to wait a bit. I think the requirements are being revised to make them more user friendly. 

I am waiting until after final payment end of month most probably. I just wondered if anyone successfully used a format that had no rejections. Not so much worried about the content just the format as it seems its all over the place

23 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

I am waiting until after final payment end of month most probably. I just wondered if anyone successfully used a format that had no rejections. Not so much worried about the content just the format as it seems its all over the place

I am not aware of anyone from our roll call or on FB who sailed through without rejections. I’m pretty sure they are at least doing away with the financial information requirement. It was a particular bugaboo. Good luck! 

Just now, SophieM said:

I am not aware of anyone from our roll call or on FB who sailed through without rejections. I’m pretty sure they are at least doing away with the financial information requirement. It was a particular bugaboo. Good luck! 

For sure that was invasive and unecessary. Personally from what I have read it was the file size or the format that caused problems. And of course the missing ears lol.

From my understanding from what I've read on this thread, our Roll Call, FB, the HAL ATW thread and a couple of other places there is absolutely no rhyme or reason for what they will reject or accept. And that was a big part of the problem. 

Interestingly enough, Delta is still wanting my Brazil Visa information for us to be Flyready. Yet, their website has the updated information on it under announcements. Go figure. 

• Like 1

Someone asked about getting money back.  I disputed the charge on my credit card and the $ was reimbursed, so if you applied recently or you are still in process, I would try that route.  When I submitted my complaint I told the dispute office of my credit card that since the visa requirement is delayed, and I have no plans to go to Brazil. I would never had made the purchase.  They were fine with that and the representative indicated that it doesn't matter how long the visa is good for, if you don't need it, you don't need it.  

• Thanks 1

Nightmare website. I spent the good part of the day getting documents and photos at the prescribed sizes and also combined all travel docs into one folder for ease of use at the other end. Get to phase 5 which is name address email etc.

1. Address would not allow enough characters for my full address which is just a normal address.

2. Drop down menu did not include British Columbia. Would not allow it to be put in manually.

3. Presumably because the Province wouldn't populate, neither would the postal code.

no clue how to proceed at this time. Unbelievable process for a cruise port stop. Cruiseline said no boarding if you dont acquire a visa. So cannot stay on ship for the day to get around this.

Edited by tottenhamfc

9 hours ago, tottenhamfc said:

Nightmare website. I spent the good part of the day getting documents and photos at the prescribed sizes and also combined all travel docs into one folder for ease of use at the other end. Get to phase 5 which is name address email etc.

1. Address would not allow enough characters for my full address which is just a normal address.

2. Drop down menu did not include British Columbia. Would not allow it to be put in manually.

3. Presumably because the Province wouldn't populate, neither would the postal code.

no clue how to proceed at this time. Unbelievable process for a cruise port stop. Cruiseline said no boarding if you dont acquire a visa. So cannot stay on ship for the day to get around this.

We received our Visa's yesterday, a month after we applied.  We found it very beneficial to use the guidance in the PDF provided by the Inside Cabin. 

Our address is also longer than the space provided.  I kept typing until it stopped, just short of the complete address.  If they want more, they will ask for it.  Once I started to populate our postal code, the province was available.  We did use the email help option to answer a few questions.  At the start of the process, they responded right away.  Then the responses took a couple of weeks.

The following is the link to the Inside Cabin presentation.  Pete is a well known world cruise blogger and is a valuable source of information.  He helped numerous people through the process.   As they needed the Visa's to begin a Grand Cruise that began the beginning of January.

https://www.theinsidecabin.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/How-to-get-a-Brazil-E-Visa-5.4S.pdf

Hope this helps.

15 minutes ago, 0bsessed said:

We received our Visa's yesterday, a month after we applied.  We found it very beneficial to use the guidance in the PDF provided by the Inside Cabin. 

Our address is also longer than the space provided.  I kept typing until it stopped, just short of the complete address.  If they want more, they will ask for it.  Once I started to populate our postal code, the province was available.  We did use the email help option to answer a few questions.  At the start of the process, they responded right away.  Then the responses took a couple of weeks.

The following is the link to the Inside Cabin presentation.  Pete is a well known world cruise blogger and is a valuable source of information.  He helped numerous people through the process.   As they needed the Visa's to begin a Grand Cruise that began the beginning of January.

https://www.theinsidecabin.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/How-to-get-a-Brazil-E-Visa-5.4S.pdf

Hope this helps.

Thanks for this. One thing I find interesting is that it basically recommends fabricating your permanent address because their website doesn't populate properly 

Edited by tottenhamfc

So an update for the Visa. I spoke with VFS the company that provides the service on behalf of the Brazilian Govt. They are sending in a request for an update for Canadian Provinces. It appears that the person doing the input stopped at Quebec going East to West so no other provinces are able to be populated. I also asked if as per the persons recommendation to just put in another address of a relative or friend in province that is listed. DONT DO IT because it will not match other documents like banking or credit card. That really was poor advice on an otherwise well put together powerpoint of how to apply. 
The fellow I spoke with gave me the impression that they would have an update to the website in February. I guess we wait. If people are struggling I suggest contacting Celebrity to put some pressure on via their legal dept. it is all very well to sell a cruise and expect the individual to obtain a visa but we will be in a time warp as they dont require visas before April 10 which leaves us just 10 days to get it. Based on what I am reading online, most are taking 3 to 4 weeks currently.

I submitted my application and was rejected because of my passport.  I scanned my passport properly and then resubmitted and have been waiting for my visa approval. Now my photo has been rejected so I went to Walgreen's to get a new photo. I have uploaded my Walgreen's photo. It's 600x600 px. I can't "Save and Continue". I get the message that I need to upload documents requested in email when I attempt to save and continue. I've even tried different browsers.  Has anyone had any success calling the help line in Arlington, VA?

Any comments what I need to do or may be doing wrong?

I really don't need the visa now since the date has been extended to April 10. But thought I might as well follow through since VFS has my $80.

6 minutes ago, tiki_g1000 said:

I submitted my application and was rejected because of my passport.  I scanned my passport properly and then resubmitted and have been waiting for my visa approval. Now my photo has been rejected so I went to Walgreen's to get a new photo. I have uploaded my Walgreen's photo. It's 600x600 px. I can't "Save and Continue". I get the message that I need to upload documents requested in email when I attempt to save and continue. I've even tried different browsers.  Has anyone had any success calling the help line in Arlington, VA?

I really don't need the visa now since the date has been extended to April 10. But thought I might as well follow through since VFS has my $80.

I doubt you are doing anything wrong. Their website is a disaster on

multiple levels. If you plan on going back to Brazil in the future, it is worth getting the visa. If not I wouldnt drive myself crazy trying. So are you suggesting each document is vetted at different times? You can be asked for documents on different emails? That is concerning because we are trying to create a timeline. When did you submit originally?

Edited by tottenhamfc

11 minutes ago, tottenhamfc said:

I doubt you are doing anything wrong. Their website is a disaster on

multiple levels. If you plan on going back to Brazil in the future, it is worth getting the visa. If not I wouldnt drive myself crazy trying. So are you suggesting each document is vetted at different times? You can be asked for documents on different emails? That is concerning because we are trying to create a timeline. When did you submit originally?

Original  application was submitted and fee paid approximately Dec. 17. In email on Dec 21, I was asked to resubmit my scanned passport which I immediately did. On Jan. 13, I received email where I was asked to submit a new photo. 

I was thinking I  would follow through with application since I may return to Brazil some day. Thankfully, my husband hasn't submitted his application yet

For those of you still trying to get the Brazilian visa, I recommend not trying to do the passport photo yourself. We went to our local FedEx store. Their cameras are set up to produce a 2” x 2” photo. The worker was also kind enough to resize our photos to < 1MB and give them to us on a thumb drive, instead of a printed photo. Someplace else may be able to do the same thing, but we thought FedEx might be a little more tech savvy. When you take  a photo of your passport, make sure you only take the bottom page with your picture, the code at the bottom, and passport #. If you are on a cruise, make sure your submitted itinerary shows your name(s) on the same page. I included that in the question that allowed other information. I also included a second page there with a detailed explanation that, for us anyway, explained that we were arriving in Brazil, only there for six days, and departing from Brazil on a cruise and not returning—on this trip, anyway. It truly is a ridiculous and poorly implemented process. I guess I should feel better that it is much more onerous for Brazilians trying to get a U.S. visa?

We got so frustrated before we finally had success that we booked an Amazon cruise for next year just to be able to use the visa.  Well, there was a little more to it than that, but it certainly pushed us over the line. 🙂

Good luck!

4 hours ago, tiki_g1000 said:

Walgreens may have it on their computer to send it to you. Easier to upload their passport photo onto VFS website, I hear.

Uploading issues has been the problem, that’s why they extended the date for applications.

I’d ask for my money back from them.

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Walgreens may have it on their computer to send it to you. Easier to upload their passport photo onto VFS website, I hear.

Uploading issues has been the problem, that’s why they extended the date for applications.

I’d ask for my money back from them.

I have uploaded the digital photo Walgreen's sent to me. It uploads, but I can't save and continue.  I asked for my money back from VFS  but they told me no refunds. If we don't get the visa,  I guess we'll have to contest payment with our credit card.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tiki_g1000 said:

I have uploaded the digital photo Walgreen's sent to me. It uploads, but I can't save and continue.  I asked for my money back from VFS  but they told me no refunds. If we don't get the visa,  I guess we'll have to contest payment with our credit card.

Sorry it didn’t work.  So many complaints about VFS.  My daughter finally got hers, but she wasted hours on it also.

They really shouldn’t charge for this IT failure.