Brazilian VISA

rhsjr

22 hours ago, amenuensis said:

Jan. 29 got a better photo taken at Staples "Passport Studio" and made sure they knew it was for Brazil EVisa because they have the proper specs for all countries.
Jan. 31 I checked online and saw the photo was accepted and my status was "Approved"
Feb. 3 - Received email with E-Visa attached.

Thank you for the update. Can you tell me what was the dimension of your photo that was ultimately accepted?

On 1/30/2024 at 6:44 PM, pghflyer said:

None of my documents were questioned at all (I used the NCL generic financial attestation letter provided earlier in this thread, didn't submit any of my financial info).

Thanks for the update! Where can I find the generic NCL financial certification letter you submitted in place of a bank statement?

2 minutes ago, LilyT said:

Thank you for the update. Can you tell me what was the dimension of your photo that was ultimately accepted?

It is the equivalent of 2x2. If I were starting this process all over again and from being involved in a lot of these boards, the ones with the most first time success have used a photo agency that has the software of different country requirements on their computer. Then receive a digital copy to download. Some have been lucky without getting it done this way but most have had success with this method. Nobody knows what the other side looks like and who is reviewing. Your question is very speculative.

Just now, LilyT said:

Thanks for the update! Where can I find the generic NCL financial certification letter you submitted in place of a bank statement?

That generic letter was sent by NCL. Why not ask them?

5 minutes ago, LilyT said:

Regent sent a notice to their customers (see post #158 in this thread from moknows) and luckily Regent is owned by NCL so has their letterhead. That letter is what I used and they accepted with no additional financial requirements.

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2023-12/cruise-line-declaration.pdf

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pghflyer said:

Regent sent a notice to their customers (see post #158 in this thread from moknows) and luckily Regent is owned by NCL so has their letterhead. That letter is what I used and they accepted with no additional financial requirements.

https://www.rssc.com/sites/default/files/2023-12/cruise-line-declaration.pdf

Thank you! 

We got our Visa within 24 hours!  😀🙏 

After reading the experience, advices and tips from several users on a few travel forums, my husband and I applied for the Brazil e-Visa yesterday, February 5, and we both received our Visa today, a little less than 24 hours after submitting our application! None of our documents and photos were rejected. No doom loop, we are so happy!!!

For the photos, we used the following online service:  visafoto.com
In the dropdown boxes we chose:
[Select Country] : Brazil
[Select Document] : Brazil visa online 413X531 px via VFSGI

We uploaded a photo made with our cellphone against a with-ish background, the system centered our face according to specs with a pure white background.  It costs us $7.00 CAD per photo, you can make as many tests as you want before downloading/paying.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experience! 

Edited by LilyT
  • Like 1

On 2/6/2024 at 12:48 PM, LilyT said:

We got our Visa within 24 hours!  😀🙏 

After reading the experience, advices and tips from several users on a few travel forums, my husband and I applied for the Brazil e-Visa yesterday, February 5, and we both received our Visa today, a little less than 24 hours after submitting our application! None of our documents and photos were rejected. No doom loop, we are so happy!!!

For the photos, we used the following online service:  visafoto.com
In the dropdown boxes we chose:
[Select Country] : Brazil
[Select Document] : Brazil visa online 413X531 px via VFSGI

We uploaded a photo made with our cellphone against a with-ish background, the system centered our face according to specs with a pure white background.  It costs us $7.00 CAD per photo, you can make as many tests as you want before downloading/paying.

Thanks to everyone who shared their experience! 

Helps when you have read Brazilian visas for dummies book lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/4/2024 at 8:32 PM, oldfashioncruiser said:

Anyone know if we can get our fees refunded.  In the info from them, it says no refunds but if we visit before April. ????    I just received an email today that they want my bank info again and travel plans/  Our cruise is less than a month away so I guess I don't bother sending anything in.  I doubt we will ever visit Brazil again.  Probably won't be around in ten years.    OR do I still send it in even if we never use it?

We visit in March so we went ahead and got since we already paid for it.  I will say it was a hassle!  I had to send in 8 different pictures of me when my husband got his right away.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I guess no one is trying to get a Brazil Visa anymore, or they're not having trouble with it from the lack of post on this thread.

I, along with several others, posted about being charged twice for the visa. I never did anything about it as I didn't want to screw up getting the Visa. Yesterday while checking my credit card account I see an $80.90 credit on my card from VFS America. FWIW, I did receive mine and my wife's Visa in the last few weeks. Today I got this letter. 

Dear Customer,

I hope this email finds you well.

Regarding your recent application for a Brazil eVisa, upon reviewing our records, we noticed that a duplicate payment was inadvertently received for your application.

Please rest assured that we have promptly taken action to rectify this issue. A refund for the duplicate payment has been processed and credited back to the original card used for the transaction. You can expect to receive this refund within approximately 25 working days, depending on your bank's processing time.

Should you have any further questions or concerns regarding your eVisa application or the refund process, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.

Thanks & Regards,

VFS Global.

Edited by ORV