The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday October 6th, 2023

richwmn

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Tomorrow will be a good day for cooler weather since we'll be inside for several hours watching the Red River Rivalry.  For those not familiar the RRR, it's the annual football game between Texas and Oklahoma.  It's held on neutral ground in the Cotton Bowl during the Texas State Fair in Dallas.

Yeah, and then the drunk Sooners barfing and peeing on our sidewalks.  Always nasty in downtown Dallas the day after Texas-OU weekend.

Is Steve's gait showing any improvement yet?  I know you'll keep us posted but you know why I'm particularly eager for updates.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AV8rix said:

Yeah, and then the drunk Sooners barfing and peeing on our sidewalks.  Always nasty in downtown Dallas the day after Texas-OU weekend.

Is Steve's gait showing any improvement yet?  I know you'll keep us posted but you know why I'm particularly eager for updates.

Sasan, I understand completely.  His gait has improved quite a lot.  He's still using the walker for safety. The head is better, but he can still feel the ptessure in his head, and his short term memory has a way to go.  However, it's only been a week yesterday since the surgery.  He gets the staples out Wednesday, and sees the surgeon on the 23rd.  Recovery will be slower than we expected, but I think we are headed in the right direction, finally.

I'm  afraid it's not just the Sooners based on my one OU weekend in 1966.  We went to the big, joint party, and my date and my sorority sister wound up in the drunk room.  At least, her date and I remained relatively sober.  I'm not sure if they enjoyed the game the next day.

Steve and I agreed we don’t want to go again.  It's better to watch on TV.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

@Quartzsite Cruiser If I needed a mechanic I'd call you!

Annie, don't be too hasty.  I got lucky with the sparkplugs and coils.  Besides, I've retired.

Lenda

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, aliaschief said:

I Phone or I Pad? There is a security update that Apple is highly recommending software update ASAP.

There is also an update to bring I Pads up to latest version.

This is a Public Service Announcement.😎

Again? I just updated to 16.7 this week. 

11 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Out my window this morning....west of Seattle

IMG_1983.thumb.jpeg.1f1936a7f5ec8df5a8943d1d2793d97a.jpeg

Pretty! 🙂

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1