Speciality dining offers once onboard?

Number34

We have a 7 night cruise on Infinity booked for next summer. As we are in a Sky suite we will have access to the Luminae restaurant for dinner but I would like to experience Le Petit Chef and the Tuscan Grill. When I look for dining packages I was surprised to see that they start at 4 nights which is too many, especially as there are only 3 restaurants and Sushi is not an option we like. Am wondering that one we board there might be offers that are not available online. Does anyone have any recent information on this?

13 minutes ago, Number34 said:

We have a 7 night cruise on Infinity booked for next summer. As we are in a Sky suite we will have access to the Luminae restaurant for dinner but I would like to experience Le Petit Chef and the Tuscan Grill. When I look for dining packages I was surprised to see that they start at 4 nights which is too many, especially as there are only 3 restaurants and Sushi is not an option we like. Am wondering that one we board there might be offers that are not available online. Does anyone have any recent information on this?

Most cruises will offer a 33% off FIRST NIGHT OF THE CRUISE promotion for Tuscan Grille.  Check your cruise planner dining options for this.  You may very well be offered a discount onboard for Le Petit Chef, especially if sales are light.

We haven’t sailed in a M class since spring but then the offers on board were not much of a discount off of the full price.  Lately we have found the offers onboard are less than the discount in the Cruise Planner.

2 minutes ago, megfla said:

Most cruises will offer a 33% off FIRST NIGHT OF THE CRUISE promotion for Tuscan Grille.  Check your cruise planner dining options for this.  You may very well be offered a discount onboard for Le Petit Chef, especially if sales are light.

Rather than offer discounts over 5% they cancelled the 2nd seating of LPC most nights on May.

We always buy a package but I’m surprised a 3 night is not available this far out.  We always went to the specialty dining desk and made reservations the very first thing once we boarded. Since your in a suite you should have a concierge call you or you should be able to call the suite help desk.

5 hours ago, Number34 said:

Precovid, I was able to get LPC for 50% off while on board.

Did that for the 2nd version on another ship. (I liked the 1st version better.)

There's now a 3rd version but the novelty has passed for me.

Never asked about the price.

8 hours ago, tigervixxxen said:

Currently onboard Solstice I have not seen any offer for specialty dining discounts. The random flash sales often had some good deals on dining packages, I’d probably just look for that. 

Thanks for the advice so far, much appreciated. As to the random flash sales will they appear on the website or the app?

10 minutes ago, Number34 said:

Thanks for the advice so far, much appreciated. As to the random flash sales will they appear on the website or the app?

Both, many times not announced and don’t apply to all sailings.

• Like 1

I haven't seen much in the way of onboard discounts on recent cruises.  Sometimes midcruise you can check in with one of the restaurant Maitre'ds and if bookings are low they might negotiate a deal for you, especially if you are flexible with times. With the elimination of suite OBC going forward you might see bookings decrease but that will take awhile to present itself. 

Our May sailing the only offer was $5 off LPC.  We had a free dinner I had won so we booked LPC 2nd seating.  Twice it was cancelled due to low reservations.  They finally did the 2nd seating one night and there was a table of 3 passengers,  us 2 and a table with 3 crew.  So rather than up the discount they cancelled seatings.  

Pure speculation, but pre Covid decent discounts of 25-50% off were easy to get.  Maybe they realized that people were not pre booking at the 5 -11% cruise planner discounts because they could get a better deal on board so they stopped the onboard discounting.

7 hours ago, Number34 said:

Yes they are in both but I believe dining packages are only available on the website. Look around all holidays and I’m sure Black Friday will have one. 

On 10/6/2023 at 4:51 PM, jelayne said:

We haven’t sailed in a M class since spring but then the offers on board were not much of a discount off of the full price.  Lately we have found the offers onboard are less than the discount in the Cruise Planner.

Just got off M-class Summit and found this to be correct. There were pre-cruise offers in cruise planner; none on board.  

• 1 month later...