Distilled Water?

jules815

I find a gallon of the distilled water lasts about 2 weeks with my CPAP. I have also found that when I need more on board, it costs more than ordering in advance. We're not talking a lot of money here, but a buck here, a buck there, it all adds up. 

So, if you (or anyone else reading this) is taking a longer cruise, order as many bottles as you will need to last the length of the cruise. 
Not to mention it's all done once and no need to do it again. 

• Like 1

When you log onto your account choose the Beverage Package tab. On the left side are the various options so choose water. You can then select distilled water for $2.95/gallon.

Edited by SusieKIslandGirl
clarify where to find beverage package options
  • Thanks 3

2 of us have used a CPAP for years and have never used distilled water. Just replace the water from the tap every night. And where do you think the potable water on the ship comes from? It is desalinated via a steaming process, thus creating distilled water. But, if you are happy wasting your money for an unnecessary jug…have at it.

1 hour ago, kirkc said:

2 of us have used a CPAP for years and have never used distilled water. Just replace the water from the tap every night. And where do you think the potable water on the ship comes from? It is desalinated via a steaming process, thus creating distilled water. But, if you are happy wasting your money for an unnecessary jug…have at it.

There tap water is not quite the same as distilled water. Yes, they either distill it or use reverse osmosis, but then reintroduce some minerals back in. On our last cruise the ships engineering department gave an excellent talk on the ships freshwater system. Their water is probably fine, but for a couple of bucks I still buy distilled. 

6 hours ago, kirkc said:

Not all water produced onboard is made by evaporation.  Some is produced by reverse osmosis, which produces excellent drinking water, but not distilled water.  Further, it is fairly common for ships to load potable water from ports, depending on the ship's itinerary.

4 hours ago, Dutchman48 said:

There tap water is not quite the same as distilled water. Yes, they either distill it or use reverse osmosis, but then reintroduce some minerals back in. On our last cruise the ships engineering department gave an excellent talk on the ships freshwater system. Their water is probably fine, but for a couple of bucks I still buy distilled. 

The only thing mineral is "reintroduced" is calcium carbonate, the active ingredient in Tums, to neutralize the natural acidity of distilled water.

• Thanks 1