LIVE Italy Land trip then 10 days on Pride, Oct 18-29 to Greece, Turkey, Sicily and more Italy with ninjacat123!

ninjacat123

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

So, I discussed it with Craig and this is what we would do if we were on another cruise that had Santorini as a port...Wake up at least by 5:00am and if no one is coordinating the line up with post its, we would do it.  Get on the first tender to the Old Port.  There was no line for the cable cars when we got off the first tender.  Get up to Fira via the cable cars. Wander around, get some pics, eat a gyro, buy souvenirs, have a glass of wine at a restaurant with a view (The Vine was great with a wonderful view, but you had to order lunch to sit at a table, we sat at the bar) then get back to the cable cars and head back down to the Old Port by noon.  We spoke with a woman from our cruise who did this and she said she didn't wait for the cable cars. This would be the cheapest (6 euro each way) and hopefully the least stressful. Yeah, you don't see Oia but it was so crowded there it didn't feel as special as I thought it would.  My 2 cents.  Now, if we were spending the night in Santorini we could do a lot more.  But that's another trip😉

My only concern is that two other ships arrive  an hour before us and three more of us arrive at 8. So I would already be worried the line to the cable car would be getting long from these other two ships arriving before us. 

Also, if it’s just some random person organizing the sticky notes for tender tickets, do people really listen to that person? I mean what’s to keep some people from saying that they’re not going to take your number or follow the numbering system bc you’re not affiliated with the ship? 

33 minutes ago, slimbyspring said:

Just wanted to say thanks for the recap!  I copied and pasted it to save for our planning 🙂 I really enjoyed your trip report!  We are still debating cruise/land or land only but your review was very helpful with tips!

Yay!!  That is what makes reviews great, helping others and re-reading them so I can pretend I'm in Europe! 😉

12 hours ago, erby2283 said:

My only concern is that two other ships arrive  an hour before us and three more of us arrive at 8. So I would already be worried the line to the cable car would be getting long from these other two ships arriving before us. 

Also, if it’s just some random person organizing the sticky notes for tender tickets, do people really listen to that person? I mean what’s to keep some people from saying that they’re not going to take your number or follow the numbering system bc you’re not affiliated with the ship? 

I could see having 2 other ships ahead of your ship at port being a big factor.  Then I would get a ship excursion that gets you to the top via bus at New Port (Athinios) and get in line for the cable car as soon as you reach Fira.

The post it thing really worked with our crowd.  Everyone took a number, found a seat and waited.  At 7:00, we all lined up according to number.  A woman showed up without a number near the front of the line around 7:10 and was told to get a number and get in line by a number of people already in line. Would it work every time?  I hope people would listen and behave, especially if the majority is complying. If you bought an excursion through Carnival, you wouldn't need to get a tender ticket since it's part of your excursion.

BTW, I heard back from Sandra of Sandras Cruise Tours!  Her email stated:

HI I have been working with the operator on this and am still doing so, soon as I get an update I will send email to all guests

Thank You

Sandra Oleary

709 691 2750

I'm thinking she is trying to fix the beginning of the tour.  That would make a huge difference!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

BTW, I heard back from Sandra of Sandras Cruise Tours!  Her email stated:

HI I have been working with the operator on this and am still doing so, soon as I get an update I will send email to all guests

Thank You

Sandra Oleary

709 691 2750

I'm thinking she is trying to fix the beginning of the tour.  That would make a huge difference!

Glad she responded - she has 10 months to get it fixed - well 9 I guess so I can make my decision....lol

• Like 1

On 10/20/2023 at 12:57 PM, ninjacat123 said:

So I got to meet @cellfree at Alchemy !! And her husband 😁👍

Bethany, now I need to get caught up on your “live,” so nice to meet you, just off ship this morning and home now as we only live an hour south or Tampa, we were also on for the 15 day TA, all went well, but home feels good.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, fair-winds39 said:

Really late on catching up because we were on Venezia Oct. 14-23, and just reading about your journey now. Wow, looking forward to reading the rest. Sure wish we had half your energy….quite a trip for sure!

Thank you fair-winds39!! Craig and I had a blast and can't believe we have a Thanksgiving cruise coming up in 11 days!  I will be writing a LIVE for that and posting a link here. Someday I hope we get the chance to cruise on Venezia!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cellfree said:

Bethany, now I need to get caught up on your “live,” so nice to meet you, just off ship this morning and home now as we only live an hour south or Tampa, we were also on for the 15 day TA, all went well, but home feels good.

WOW!!  15 more days on a TA😃 which sounds awesome!!  Nice meeting you and your DH!  Someday I hope to cruise out of Tampa👍

5 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

Thank you fair-winds39!! Craig and I had a blast and can't believe we have a Thanksgiving cruise coming up in 11 days!  I will be writing a LIVE for that and posting a link here. Someday I hope we get the chance to cruise on Venezia!!

Good for you guys, enjoy your Thanksgiving cruise. Glad you’ll be going LIVE from that cruise, and looking forward to following along.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

...I will be writing a LIVE for that and posting a link here. Someday I hope we get the chance to cruise on Venezia!!

YAY another LIVE! I hope it becomes a habit. You did great!!🥳

Can't wait to join you for Thanksgiving - thanks for saving us all a place at the table 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

Craig and I love attending classes at The Foodie School here in Fort Mill, SC. Tonight we are watching “Sliced” a competition between two chefs with their sous chefs, kinda like “Chopped” on Food Network. The audience gets to judge and vote!

IMG_4025.jpeg

NinjaCat - Thats my brother, Chef Michael!!!  How fun that you are there.  Tell him I said hi!!  He's on CC to so he will understand what you are talking about. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EllaDuChien said:

NinjaCat - Thats my brother, Chef Michael!!!  How fun that you are there.  Tell him I said hi!!  He's on CC to so he will understand what you are talking about. 

That’s so wild!! He’s one of the big reasons we love The Foodie School! We chatted about his upcoming trip to Singapore😁

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@ninjacat123...this is neat, I am now going to Google The Foodie School.  I would definitely be a regular attendee if I lived nearby!

One class we made sushi rolls and tempura, another class steak and pomme frites for date night!  The competition "Sliced" is a blast, you never know what you are getting because of the mystery baskets.  I hope a The Foodie School near you👍😃

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...