Web version? How? Where?

TopofWorld

Hi to all, reading this forum I came across a number of references advising to use the web version of the app when doing dining reservations but could not find more explicit info. Booked a 2024 cruise, I have the website access (Cruise Personalizer) and the Princess App on my Android phone. The app is crazy unstable, the Cruise Personalizer says that Dining reservations has been moved to the app, and many posters said they had success using the web version (if I remember correctly). Cana anyone of the resident experts point the ignorant me to the right direction (if my question makes sense of course)? What is this "web version" and how does one access it?

Thank you all,

58 minutes ago, TopofWorld said:

Hi to all, reading this forum I came across a number of references advising to use the web version of the app when doing dining reservations but could not find more explicit info. Booked a 2024 cruise, I have the website access (Cruise Personalizer) and the Princess App on my Android phone. The app is crazy unstable, the Cruise Personalizer says that Dining reservations has been moved to the app, and many posters said they had success using the web version (if I remember correctly). Cana anyone of the resident experts point the ignorant me to the right direction (if my question makes sense of course)? What is this "web version" and how does one access it?

Thank you all,

Hi. In your Personalizer on the "Summary" tab page on the left hand side you'll see some wording that says Download the Medallion Class App and you'll see tabs for the App Store or Google Play. Just under there is some some wording "Don't have a compatible device? and in blue text "try our web version". Click on the blue wording and away you go.

Thank you very much for trying to help me and for your time. Unfortunately, on my PC I do not see that wording or options you refer to - or perhaps too old for the simplest of tasks ..... The only wording in the Dining Option I see is shown below. In the Summary tab, no such option to Download the Class App. I will keep trying to find what you refer to. Perhaps I should try this from a tablet and not from a PC. Honestly, I have never had so many issues with technology before booking this cruise. It is turning out to be quite exciting 😀😀😀

image.thumb.png.f1bccae67f4562e58995215cda1e913f.png

Quick update. Finally found what you referred to in Check In. Followed the path (no compatible device - web version - Dine my Way) and it shows the below. I fill the necessary info, press Login and nothing happens - oh well, as I said, fun times.image.png.eca13b466b10018c08037eda74b0afdd.png

1 hour ago, TopofWorld said:

Quick update. Finally found what you referred to in Check In. Followed the path (no compatible device - web version - Dine my Way) and it shows the below. I fill the necessary info, press Login and nothing happens - oh well, as I said, fun times.image.png.eca13b466b10018c08037eda74b0afdd.png

I’ve never used the web based version but just checked because I was curious and have the same problem trying to use the app from my pc. It’s not just you.

What happens when you try to use the app on your phone or tablet?

I had a similar problem for a couple of months, (that's right), it kept coming back with an error message indicating that I entered an invalid booking number.  Nothing wrong with the booking number, it was the infamous glitch with the app.  

23 minutes ago, Torfamm said:

I’ve never used the web based version but just checked because I was curious and have the same problem trying to use the app from my pc. It’s not just you.

Sometimes it works ... sometimes it tries to work but fails ... sometimes does not work at all. For days on end, for example, it kept saying that they were in the process of updating other reservations and

I should try later. Other days, it would not load, other days it would not find my reservation number.  Couple that with poor eyesight and a small phone screen and you will realize why I was trying for a bigger screen. Take care,

18 minutes ago, TopofWorld said:

Sometimes it works ... sometimes it tries to work but fails ... sometimes does not work at all. For days on end, for example, it kept saying that they were in the process of updating other reservations and

I should try later. Other days, it would not load, other days it would not find my reservation number.  Couple that with poor eyesight and a small phone screen and you will realize why I was trying for a bigger screen. Take care,

Have you tried deleting and reinstalling the app? Do you have the same problem on your tablet?

7 hours ago, TopofWorld said:

Perhaps I should try this from a tablet and not from a PC.

We have two cruises done under the Medallion and our experience was that the web based version did not get along with a Windows PC. As you suspect, we found on our second cruise, a tablet offers good functioning, with a couple of tips. The first cruise, the app was a disaster and we gave up.

(You can still use a PC to print your travel summary and luggage tags from the website though.)

We use an Android, I think it is OS 14, but not sure. In your number 4 post you show the login screen. Do not use the top one.  Login at the bottom with your name and booking number, otherwise it will say can't link booking. @Pickles posted this problem.

Another thing is the dine my way booking is just awkward. If you fiddle with it, you'll get it, but several have expressed frustration. Photo upload seemed more difficult than it needed to be, but before you try, be sure you enable settings so the camera and saved photo gallery will work with the app. It doesn't prompt you either. 

All else fails, they'll do it at the pier.

6 hours ago, Torfamm said:

The app from my phone works about 75% of the time.  Frequent crashes.  Very unstable.  Has been the same for over a year.

The web version is better on my phone, but difficult visually.

I gave up using my PC.  Hopeless IMO.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat

Thank you all for your time. As I said, the technological status of the Princess app and user interfaces is so tragically bad that now it is funny. But hey, cruising is not just about IT and apps. So, I opt to just vent here and look forward to cruising some more. But still, it is reassuring to know that I am not alone in this technological maze. Take care all.

@TopofWorld I think you have already tried this, but just in case it's a slightly different way of getting in, this is what I do:

-Click on My Account in top right corner, which should land you on the Summary page. Don't go to the dining page.

-Scroll down to middle of Summary page and you should see this:image.png.5d728311836159badb1c39ff5d296aa6.png

-Click on Try our web version hyperlink. That takes you to your Dashboard.

-Scroll down until you see Dine My Way

Thank you, done that and when I enter my login credentials nothing happens. Another fellow poster tried it as well and faced the same issue. But, I am an optimist and believe that someday, somehow I will succeed in tying loose ends. Thank you again 

2 hours ago, TopofWorld said:

Thank you, done that and when I enter my login credentials nothing happens. Another fellow poster tried it as well and faced the same issue. But, I am an optimist and believe that someday, somehow I will succeed in tying loose ends. Thank you again 

My DW tried for about a month and finally got everything done in 20 minutes. . . 

She called Princess and they filled in the documents.   Gave her an email to send a pic of our passports.

No need to tilt windmills!