RCCL Santorini excursion Sunset Sailing at the Caldera

ladylyn915

We are cruising on the Odyssey of rhe Seas next July.  There is an excursion in Santorini on a catamaran.  Within the description, it states cable caar tickets not included and the return is the port of Fira.

My question is, if we are on a catamaran for a sailing, will we need to take the cable car down? Is so, from where? Or, will we arrive to where we get on the tender back to the ship?

I have never been to Santorini and have no idea of the logistics other than it seems all water vehicles only travel one way and the cable car is less than desirous. 

Any info appreciated.

Thanks

Lyn

Unless it states otherwise, I would expect you will leave your ship on a tender boat and proceed to your docked catamaran somewhere.  It doesn’t really matter where.  You will do the catamaran tour.  And, as it says, you will be dropped off at the port for Fira.  There will be tender boats there taking you back to the ship. The port for Fira is located at the bottom of the cable car, so these tender boats will also be taking passengers who have come down from Fira on the cable car back to the ship.  Fira sits up on a cliff looking down on its port and your ship.  

You will not need to use the cable car, because your excursion doesn’t take you up to the top of the cliffs. 

Edited by MeHeartCruising