Visas

Swabia

Hi Folks!

I got an email from HAL yesterday concerning my partial transit of the Panama Canal cruise that's coming up in December. It basically said that many countries require entry visas and that I would be denied boarding if I didn't have the necessary documents for my cruise. It also recommended that I connect with their preferred visa provider to obtain those documents. However, according to the preferred provider's website, none of the countries that I'll be visiting on the cruise require visas (e.g., Bahamas, Jamaica, Panama, Costa Rica, Columbia and one of the ABC islands). Is this just a standard email that everyone gets as the cruise date gets closer, or am I missing something? Certainly, don't want to be denied boarding!

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Hi, 

This seems to be a standard email. I am cruising aboard the Rotterdam to the Southern Caribbean in November. I received the same email, but none of the ports for my cruise (Aruba, Curacao and the Bahamas) requires a Visa. 

Chuck 

I received the same letter for our European cruise and I am a European!  I did panic for a millisecond, but then realised it was HAL's way of 'nudging' cruisers to check their personal situation and if visas are required for the passports which they hold.

I felt the same way when I received the email from HAL. Panicked for a bit. Thought maybe the iternary change with overnight stop in Aruba next month made a difference until I re-researched. But still felt a little uncomfortable.  Thanks all for the reassurance and happy cruising! 

• Like 1