Explore With More Offer - $500 Air Credit for 2024 Europe Cruises

Roz

Yesterday I received an Explore With More Offer from HAL.  Besides the usual suspects - free kids' fares, wifi, specialty dining, and beverage pkg. - it includes a $500 air credit on Europe cruises.  I think this is the first time I've seen HAL offer an air credit.

HAL has partnered with Travel Agent Groups for many years offering discounts on Air.

Their sales for next year Europe is down, they have added this new promotion but it is nearly as good because they took away the Early Booking Bonus so the Have it All is NOT the Have It All Plus. So no pre paid Crew Incentive. I checked a few of the previous pricings I knew and prices were slightly higher.

Also this discount on Air promo is for New Bookings ONLY.

• Like 1

I will be calling my agent a Monday to see if I can get the air promo added to my booking.  Will report back when I get a response .   If fares are equal she usually can get some form of compensation equivalency. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, maureenk said:

Europe fares seem high to me for 2024 compared to what I paid in 2023.  No wonder bookings are down!  Does anyone know if the air promo is $500 per person or $500 per cabin?  

It is per person with purchase of HIA.  I read reports yesterday that Euro airfares are normalizing and coming down, likely due to the wars (IMHO).  The 2024 rates I am seeing for recent google flight searches have been much more reasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fine print with the airfare offer, be aware:

Air Credit Offer is based on Promo JX. Air Credit offer available on select flights booked through Holland America Line’s Flight Ease® program. Air Credit offer is available only to 1st/2nd guests in a stateroom on select 2024 Europe sailings. Credits are awarded as US$250 per leg of flight, per person. Europe Air Credits are in USD. Limit: One (1) $500 air credit per guest for 1st/2nd guests and up to US$1,000 air credit per stateroom. For transatlantic sailings, guests residing in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, will receive only a US$250 (total) credit per person for their flight home given that such sailings depart from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Pricing and availability are subject to capacity.

Edited by WannaSea
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We booked a European cruise NOT using HIA and got the Air Credit any way.

Right after the promotion came out, we booked our trip, and were told by our PCC that Air Credit was included.  There was no comment about the HIA package.  When we received our email Confirmation the Air Fare credit was not listed so I contacted our PCC.  He said that he would get back to us the next day.  After a couple of emails were exchanged inquiring as how the Air Fare credit works, I called HAL direct.  

I was told by the first telephone PCC that the Air Fare credit can not be used because of our booking.  I asked why and the PCC could not give me an answer so I asked for a Supervisor.  After being on Hold for about 10 mins I hung up and redialed.  The second telephone PCC told me it could not be used because we had not purchased HIA,  I again asked to speak with a supervisor.  Got through this time after a short Hold.  She was great.  She understood the problem and reviewed our Booking conversation with our PCC.  I had advised her that I was quite displeased with this error and that we are thinking about cancelling and rebooking with another cruise line.  

When the Supervisor came back on we were offered free Crew Appreciation, Specialty Dining, and some OBC.  We did not cancel.

I too have found that some PCCs are better than others, but it remains important to review all Documents to verify what you are getting is what you agreed to.

We have 2 cruises booked with HAL for 2024.  We will probably book an additional cruise for our 50th wedding anniversary on Dec. 21, 2024.  Not sure it will be HAL though. 

Scott 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, sseibert3 said:

We booked a European cruise NOT using HIA and got the Air Credit any way.

Right after the promotion came out, we booked our trip, and were told by our PCC that Air Credit was included.  There was no comment about the HIA package.  When we received our email Confirmation the Air Fare credit was not listed so I contacted our PCC.  He said that he would get back to us the next day.  After a couple of emails were exchanged inquiring as how the Air Fare credit works, I called HAL direct.  

I was told by the first telephone PCC that the Air Fare credit can not be used because of our booking.  I asked why and the PCC could not give me an answer so I asked for a Supervisor.  After being on Hold for about 10 mins I hung up and redialed.  The second telephone PCC told me it could not be used because we had not purchased HIA,  I again asked to speak with a supervisor.  Got through this time after a short Hold.  She was great.  She understood the problem and reviewed our Booking conversation with our PCC.  I had advised her that I was quite displeased with this error and that we are thinking about cancelling and rebooking with another cruise line.  

When the Supervisor came back on we were offered free Crew Appreciation, Specialty Dining, and some OBC.  We did not cancel.

I too have found that some PCCs are better than others, but it remains important to review all Documents to verify what you are getting is what you agreed to.

We have 2 cruises booked with HAL for 2024.  We will probably book an additional cruise for our 50th wedding anniversary on Dec. 21, 2024.  Not sure it will be HAL though. 

Scott 

So did you get the air credit or not?  It sounds like you got HIA without paying, is that right?

I have the Rotterdam TA booked for next October.  I got the HIA early booking which includes crew appreciation.  I don't really need the upgraded drink package or wifi.  Checked the price last night and the base fare for a gty is about $300 less (I book gty and add CO), so that would offset not getting tips included.  I'm going to check with my PCC and see if I can do this if she re-fares it with the "normal" HIA.  I believe the current HIA also includes more for shore excursions.

21 hours ago, Mary229 said:

We are doing another price check.  My agent will give an item by item detail.  Will be back with a report 

OK, that was worth the effort.  I am getting the package and rebooking.  It turns out my cruise fare (29 days) went up only $600ish to add on the package. Have your TA run your numbers. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 10/15/2023 at 4:40 AM, Roz said:

it includes a $500 air credit on Europe cruises. 

Never used HAL for flights but curious to see how flight costs compared and as we have a cruise coming up next year on Westerdam (flights booked separately) i could log in and compare flight prices from HAL and the online flight site we use for return flights to Tokyo, the difference was huge🤯 in fact all this $500 credit would have done was brought the flight price offered by HAL down to the online agent price....................

All this suggests to me is that the Air credit is no incentive (or saving) for us to book a Europe or Alaskan cruise which are the only destinations its available for this offer............

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hammer61 said:

Never used HAL for flights but curious to see how flight costs compared and as we have a cruise coming up next year on Westerdam (flights booked separately) i could log in and compare flight prices from HAL and the online flight site we use for return flights to Tokyo, the difference was huge🤯 in fact all this $500 credit would have done was brought the flight price offered by HAL down to the online agent price....................

All this suggests to me is that the Air credit is no incentive (or saving) for us to book a Europe or Alaskan cruise which are the only destinations its available for this offer............

First you have to be within 335 days of your disembarkation date to view and book flights.

I have used them often and I find the international flights are always exactly the same as I can buy or often much, much less.  For domestic flights they usually are precisely what the airlines offer.  I have never seen a situation where they were more than booking direct.

They are a consolidator just like many entities and their inventory changes daily.  If you don’t see a good price check back.  You can change the flight as often as you like without fee until your final payment date.  I always use them as a placeholder until I make a final decision 

Their flights to Amsterdam can be an incredible deal.  I alway try to route through AMS so I can capture their deals - my last trip was $900 one way, nonstop business class back to DFW

PS I see you are in Australia so YMMV. Additionally when you book internationally can make a huge difference in price.  I don’t know when you bought the other fare and date of booking may account for the price difference you are seeing 

Edited by Mary229