Viva Live 21 days, Rome to Miami, plus a few days in Rome

JIMESOPUS

@www3traveler Hi, Mandy - you meant Aqua in the Spring of 2025 ??  Hmmm, plans for ... 24 are penciled in somewhat, first - looks like we will in your region next Spring at SEA & YVR with the smaller ship & Royal C on a coastal in the Fall. If the price is right for a last minute deal cruising somewhere, we'll drop things, switch & go.  First, going to check out the Prima next, just started the "Semi-Live" & get to update the HD & senior officers onboard this month.  

Will be almost behind the Viva by a few days - Jim & company's scouting report for Ponta Delgada will be great for all (we) - there's a popular store for crew to stop in for essentials while on a TA, we picked up neat items there this Spring.  Regards - Henry @mking8288

Yes, Aqua 28 March- 4 April, 2025 for Her Transatlantic Crossing.

When are you going to be in Seattle?  Have you added extra days to see Seattle?  Can make lots of suggestions for you.

Very chilly and rainy here right now.

Have not seen anything about the Prima in a long time.

Enjoy your cruise

Mandy

Good Sunday morning from Palma De Mallorca ( 600 - that didn't work to 1330 ). Follow the crew into port for some essentials  (AA batteries 4 pack $2.50 euros, ship wanted $10 ) and that elusive Pepsi. Hop On right at the end of the walkway, NCL wants $20 for shuttle to town, charge to your account.

Since it's Sunday most of the shops are closed except ones that cater to the crew and only a very few cafe's are open.

Company at the port today, Enchantment of the Seas, photos taken from the ship and in port

IMG_5479.JPG

IMG_5483.JPG

IMG_5485.JPG

IMG_5487.JPG

IMG_5489.JPG

IMG_5490.JPG

IMG_5491.JPG

IMG_5493.JPG

Edited by JIMESOPUS
  • Like 7

Ok, this may sound trivial but the quality of some of the workmanship has to put into question. I used to work in the trades and the welding on this ship is bad. No matter how much paint you put on it you can still feel the indentation.

IMG_5488.JPG

• Like 1

Enjoying your live review - just read all of it now. 

That’s really neat that @Sugar Magnolia and @bluesea777 will be on with you on the TA in a few days. Will you all get to meet in person?

Between this Viva live and the Prima live reviews by @cruiseny4life and @mking8288

I’ll definitely look forward to checking out CC during and before my week long Thanksgiving break. 

Have a wonderful cruise! Thank you all for taking the time to post updates and photos. Someday we will be on Prima and Viva but until then I’ll enjoy reading about all of your adventures and experiences. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Ok, this may sound trivial but the quality of some of the workmanship has to put into question. I used to work in the trades and the welding on this ship is bad. No matter how much paint you put on it you can still feel the indentation.

IMG_5488.JPG

Yikes! That looks like my high school shop project from way back in the day. 🙂

As an aside, Palma looks amazing! Were you there at sunrise? Your photos have that soft glow I love about sunrise photos.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Yikes! That looks like my high school shop project from way back in the day. 🙂

As an aside, Palma looks amazing! Were you there at sunrise? Your photos have that soft glow I love about sunrise photos.

Sunrise, don't know ... lol, thought we had the wake up call set but, just say the sun was up, way up before we got off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jim ... nice pictures from Gibraltar.  How's cellular signal at sea in that region during the passage ?  We had a good & usable signal during our unplanned daylight passage after missing & skipping Cadiz stop - pleasantly surprised that 4G was quite solid sitting out on starboard balcony heading east. 

Where were all the locals in Palma on a Sunday ??  Streets & tourist area looked empty of the usual crowds - didn't realize that most shops & stores are closed on Sundays ... and, then their local/national holidays 🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Jim ... nice pictures from Gibraltar.  How's cellular signal at sea in that region during the passage ?  We had a good & usable signal during our unplanned daylight passage after missing & skipping Cadiz stop - pleasantly surprised that 4G was quite solid sitting out on starboard balcony heading east. 

Where were all the locals in Palma on a Sunday ??  Streets & tourist area looked empty of the usual crowds - didn't realize that most shops & stores are closed on Sundays ... and, then their local/national holidays 🙂

Phone has been in the safe, did see many PAX on their phones on deck #8 today

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Feel bad for those flying out on Thursday. I guess those of us checking in on Thursday will also be affected. 

lines still long even at 1100 PM, hope this doesn't happen to us

https://www.cruisehive.com/pilot-strike-causes-princess-ship-to-cancel-port-at-last-minute/115736

3 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Strike at the Lisbon port, expected delays, very long lines at quest services 

IMG_5688.thumb.JPG.8ccb4c3bde0cf1b042eac6e0a10c5a9b.JPG 

Thank you for posting this @JIMESOPUS 48 hours till boarding and NCL hasn’t communicated anything about this to us.

I logged in to ask, can you ask which terminal Viva will dock at? That detail is not anywhere I can see. I even pulled up Port schedule and that was more worrisome than helpful - didn’t see Viva even listed for the 16th!

According to google strike started today and goes till 7am on 16th I guess that could cause quite a back up over 2 days.  Hoping won’t be too bad on embarkation but wonder if they will change when should arrive at port.  Sure don’t want to be stuck sitting at port off the ship.

2 hours ago, kwokpot said:

How does one become a contestant? 

They posted times for auditions, two or three times before the show date, how they picked those three out of the group is a mystery to me.

• Thanks 1