Shore Excursions ... GONE

OhioJourneys

I currently have 2 cruises booked with NCL.  Late last evening I was looking on my app and tealized ALL shore excursions on both cruises that I had reserved and paid for are now gone.  Anyone know what's happening?  One of these cruises is the Epic, originally embarking in Israel.  I've already been through craziness with that cruise.  Not looking forward to hours on the phone getting this new problem handled.

• Like 1

Already talked to them.  I was told it's a "glitch" in their system and I need to call shore excursion desk to rebook everything and must request original pricing orvthey will book at new higher price.  Just another headache to deal with.  I love. NCL, but the 2 cruises have been a lot of work!

44 minutes ago, OhioJourneys said:

Already talked to them.  I was told it's a "glitch" in their system and I need to call shore excursion desk to rebook everything and must request original pricing orvthey will book at new higher price. 

Are those shorex still available ? I just checked ours for our Nov cruises on the Gem. All our shorex are still there for Israel, Egypt, Turkey Nothing missing.

Edited by sailingships

It took me 2 tries to get everything settled.  The first was restoring the excursions at the original price and that went okay.  When I got the paperwork though (cruise confirmation & online) it showed that I owed for all of the shore excursions.  A second call cleared that all up and my balance is back to zero.  Just check your accounts carefully after excursion reinstatement.

• Like 1

I called today and the shorex person I spoke with said they are in the process of adding them all back in. While we were speaking she manually added mine back in for extra peace of mind.

But even if you don't call them, the excursions should be fully restored in a couple more days (according to them).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GuelphCruisers said:

I called today and the shorex person I spoke with said they are in the process of adding them all back in. While we were speaking she manually added mine back in for extra peace of mind.

But even if you don't call them, the excursions should be fully restored in a couple more days (according to them).

Thanks! I don't have time to call anyway.

I hope next week everything will be back !

🙄

Having the same problem, received an email today, with excursions I booked, saying I owe , already paid.Online chat said IT is working on the problem, and I should receive corrected email confirmation in a few days.Hoping that is true .Frustrating.

13 minutes ago, elliotlake12 said:

Having the same problem, received an email today, with excursions I booked, saying I owe , already paid.Online chat said IT is working on the problem, and I should receive corrected email confirmation in a few days.Hoping that is true .Frustrating.

My excursions are not back yet and I still didn't received any email about that. I paid 1224$ for those 8 excursions !!! FRUSTATING ! 😠

The only thing that changed in my account since i booked the excursions is that I became SAPPHIRE after my last cruise. Last week, they refunded me a small amount for each excursions (the additional 5% discount I get being Sapphire). 

Is it possible that's the reason for that problem ?

Others are you in the same situation ?

Same thing here.  My cruise excursions were cancelled and then added back in and I received an invoice for the ones that were added back.  One excursion actually was cancelled and I am due a refund for that one.  One phone call with the shorex desk and it was taken care of - my account showed $194 due to NCL and now it shows the $208 due to me for the cancelled excursion.  They said the refund will take 7-10 days to be refunded back to the original form of payment.  I keep a sharp on on that sort of thing so I don't show up at the port and be told that my cruise was cancelled for a balance due!

2 hours ago, slavetoabunny said:

Same thing here.  My cruise excursions were cancelled and then added back in and I received an invoice for the ones that were added back.  One excursion actually was cancelled and I am due a refund for that one.  One phone call with the shorex desk and it was taken care of - my account showed $194 due to NCL and now it shows the $208 due to me for the cancelled excursion.  They said the refund will take 7-10 days to be refunded back to the original form of payment.  I keep a sharp on on that sort of thing so I don't show up at the port and be told that my cruise was cancelled for a balance due!

We had an excursion booked for a port they cancelled. They also said 7-10 business days, but it showed up as a credit on my card much quicker than that. I think it was either 2 or 3 days.

5 hours ago, ontheweb said:

We had an excursion booked for a port they cancelled. They also said 7-10 business days, but it showed up as a credit on my card much quicker than that. I think it was either 2 or 3 days.

A couple of days ago I went ahead and called NCL shorex and cancelled our Israel shorex and the credit showed up on my card later that day. 

Edited by sailingships

5 hours ago, sailingships said:

A couple of days ago I went ahead and called NCL shorex and cancelled our Israel shorex and the credit showed up on my card later that day. 

That is good that they are getting better at that.

I actually had to argue with them to get my refund of a prepaid excursion as they said the cruise contract allowed them to cancel any port and I should be happy they were giving me OBC. It took a while to make the phone representative realize it was the shore excursion I was cancelling, and since it was more than 48 hours before the excursion was scheduled for, their contract called for it to be refunded to the original method of payment. 

Just hung up from customer service in UK.  Apparently my US call routed there due to early hour?  Anyway, he advised me adjustment was handled and I should see zero balance due in a few hours.  Also, should teceive refund on Ashdod excursion cancellation.  

I just called NCL and they told me around 72000 shore excursions were erased because of a technical problem. They also told me they are working on it and everything should be back during next week and that I have nothing to do. It still makes me nervous but I will give them a chance...Finger crossed.

Edited by reveur15

After 5 phone calls, 8 different representatives, I (fingers crossed), think my cruise is now correct.  One of today's reps told me he'd never seen a reservation as messed up as mine.  First, all excursions were gone.  Told would be corrected in 48 hrs.  Then all excursions back, including Ashdod, but at higher pricing so now a balance shows due.  Called again and told 24/hrs for that to correct. Well, the only thing that changed was my Ashdod tour cancelled,no credit, still showing balance due.  Called early this morning, routed ro UK customer service from US.  OK, he was able to remove that balance due.  All good, right?  NO...new balance due amount shows!  Called again. Agent advises she needs to have her supervisor assist and places me on hold.  When she comes back I am advised new balance due removed and I will have a credit, too. (Not credit for Ashdod excursion, though). Hmmmm...  ok.  Then she transfers me to someone else to process refund for xld Ashdod.  This agent tells me everything wrong.  3 tours pricing wrong, previous corrections were done by using pending rfnd for Ashdod and applying to higher priced excursions...nightmare.  2 hrs later, he goes over everything item by item and we are good.  An hour later I look at my app and new balance due amount showing!  Headache increases and I make another call to NCL.  I am once again told it's corrected, my refund request for Ashdod tour shows pending at correct amount and new balance due is $0.00.  I'm afraid to look again.  Now, if I could just get my new airline flights and pre-cruise hotel info.  What are the odds that will be correct?  Still, in the end, we're going on a cruise!

Edited by OhioJourneys
Misspelled

Update on my side. Yesterday I received new reservation and shorex confirmations. All my shore excursions are back BUT the price is now $1325 instead of $1224. The shore excursions confirmation shows amount paid 0$ (while I paid $1224). And now the new amount due is $1325 more than before the glitch. So the shorex price is higher and the payment disappeared. What a nightmare.

Edited by reveur15

Another update : after a long phone call, they manually ajusted the price of my excursions to match the initial price which was lower. And the new shorex confirmation now shows again it is all paid. I just hope it will not change again.