Seaweed

zumbagold

4 hours ago, zumbagold said:

Had the seaweed cleared up on Orient Beach? Thanks

Is one enquiring for when Seaweed can appear on a beach in St Martin?  

Seaweed is washed up during periods of inclement weather, hurricanes, rain storms etc., or strong tidal flows, which can occur between June and November.  
Outside these months Seaweed can occasionally appear, because of weather conditions.

Its nature, and nobody can exactly predict the workings in advance, as metrological conditions can change daily or hourly.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Predictive

In all due respect how bad could the seaweed(sargassum)be?

I swam in the ocean on St. Kitts with seaweed it's the ocean, swimming with a little seaweed comes with the territory. Good grief. 

This seaweed sargassum issue is getting a bit much. Go get in the water will all the seaweed and have some fun. Jeez!!

On 10/23/2023 at 11:31 AM, TTEllis said:

I swam in the ocean on St. Kitts with seaweed it's the ocean, swimming with a little seaweed comes with the territory. Good grief. 

This seaweed sargassum issue is getting a bit much. Go get in the water will all the seaweed and have some fun. Jeez!!

I've seen seaweed so thick that it was a struggle to get into the water and not at all what I would call "fun".  I've also been on beaches where the washed-up seaweed was causing an odor that made being near it unpleasant.

I am happy for you that you are OK with seaweed, apparently regardless of quantity, odor, or other factors, but I can empathize with those who aren't.

Good grief it's not like that. The beaches I go to I know ahead of time whether or not they're inundated with Sargassum and whether or not I can enjoy myself on that beach or not. 

I've been dealing with that crap for a long time. Sargassum and the Caribbean it comes with the territory you learn how to work around it in some capacity. 

Cozumel has been getting alot of it, I never saw that yes it's been several years since I was in Cozumel but all that Sargassum never saw any of that. 

St. Kitts yep, but not so bad I couldn't enjoy the beach. Or it was an issue that kept me from having a great day on that beach. Or I would go to another beach or do a pool on a day pass. 

St. Maarten Orient Beach I heard the Sargassum was dreadful over there, I never saw anything beach is awesome, water absolutely full of life of every kind. No seaweed. 

Orient Beach on the Frenchie😁😎😁side is some of the nicest water in the Eastern Caribbean come to think of it. 

Seaweed or no Seaweed it would never keep me out of the water at Orient.

@TTEllisGood grief, you are the one who wrote:

On 10/23/2023 at 11:31 AM, TTEllis said:

I swam in the ocean on St. Kitts with seaweed it's the ocean, swi

To which I responded:

On 10/25/2023 at 5:37 AM, PATRLR said:

I've seen seaweed so thick that it was a struggle to get into the water and not at all what I would call "fun".

You asked how bad and I answered.  And then you have the nerve to write:

On 10/25/2023 at 12:49 PM, TTEllis said:

Good grief it's not like that.

Oh really?  Are you calling me a liar now?  

As I wrote, I'm happy for you that you haven't had to deal with very bad seaweed situations.  It's hard to believe that you could possibly be so simple-minded (closed-minded?) as to not recognize that it might be possible that you just haven't experienced the bad situations others have experienced.  Especially after someone tells you directly that they have experienced it.

Relax Ken!!😂

I didn't call you liar I would never do something like that. 

Here we go again.😳

Was in Roatan 2016. Went to the beach I couldn't see anything but seaweed. Took the taxi back to the welcome center sat at the bar the rest was history. 

I got an idea this is simply just something to consider. On the your next cruise, a beach you might think seaweed could be an issue that you were planning on visiting, take a rake with you Ken, a couple of them. 

Or go to a beach buy a day pass at a resort where every morning the seaweed is removed from the manicured beach by a tractor with a sled behind it, seen it.

Otherwise Kenny grab a rake. 🤭🤭😜😁