Emerald Princess Dining Room Differences?

SargassoPirate

SWMBO is considering a cruise on the Emerald Princess with a small group of friends.  We haven't been on the Emerald for 15 years.  SWMBO is wondering:

Are there any differences amongst the three MDR that would result in a preference of one over the others?

Where is the Chef's Table experience located?

Appreciate your opinions.

Chef's Table is held in Botticelli. Starboard side of Da Vinci is used for reserve class. All DRs have the same menus. Decor is not really different. I have read that if you wish to be able to get the same table and waiters each evening there is a better chance in Botticelli. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, skynight said:

Chef's Table is held in Botticelli. Starboard side of Da Vinci is used for reserve class. All DRs have the same menus. Decor is not really different. I have read that if you wish to be able to get the same table and waiters each evening there is a better chance in Botticelli. 

Thanks.  Just the info I was hoping for   We were on the Regal Princess recently and the Chef's Table was in the Allegro dining room - the one that's on deck 6 aft and, what some may say, is hard to get to.👍

14 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Thanks.  Just the info I was hoping for   We were on the Regal Princess recently and the Chef's Table was in the Allegro dining room - the one that's on deck 6 aft and, what some may say, is hard to get to.👍

The aft dining room was where all lunch and breakfasts were held except for reserve class

Botticelli is in the same location on the Emerald as Allegro is on the Regal. Access from the aft staircase or elevators on deck 7 and above. The Chef's table on the Emerald is within the MDR proper. It is not separated in its own alcove as it is on Royal Class ships.

On the Regal the Chef's Table was at the back of the Allegro dining room.  It was enclosed with some sort of shiny,  hanging bead curtains that were open when it was not in use, but drawn closed when it was.  That area received a lot of extra attention from the nearby waiters, but even more from the supervisors when it was in use.

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

On the Regal the Chef's Table was at the back of the Allegro dining room.  It was enclosed with some sort of shiny,  hanging bead curtains that were open when it was not in use, but drawn closed when it was.  That area received a lot of extra attention from the nearby waiters, but even more from the supervisors when it was in use.

Same setup on all RC ships.

• Thanks 1

Anyone know if they are actually honoring the reservations made thru the app when booking over 10 months ago....last year on the Enchanted Princess I pre-booked all our dining reservations only to find out they were basically worthless.  After a few nights we were able to straighten it out with the MD and get exactly what we had originally reserved.  My feeling is - don't offer me the perk of pre-booking my dining reservations early as a platinum member and then tell me when I show up you are not honoring the reservation.  I'd rather not have the perk and go back to calling each morning to get a reservation for that evening.  

16 hours ago, cclvr said:

Anyone know if they are actually honoring the reservations made thru the app when booking over 10 months ago....last year on the Enchanted Princess I pre-booked all our dining reservations only to find out they were basically worthless.  After a few nights we were able to straighten it out with the MD and get exactly what we had originally reserved.  My feeling is - don't offer me the perk of pre-booking my dining reservations early as a platinum member and then tell me when I show up you are not honoring the reservation.  I'd rather not have the perk and go back to calling each morning to get a reservation for that evening.  

True your last sentence.  Did the reservations remain the same right up to getting on the ship, or did they change in the App?  How were they not honored?  Did you have to wait each night for a table to open or were you directed to a different DR?

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

True your last sentence.  Did the reservations remain the same right up to getting on the ship, or did they change in the App?  How were they not honored?  Did you have to wait each night for a table to open or were you directed to a different DR?

Yes, the reservations never changed....I booked a table for two at the same time every night in the same dining room.  Showed up at our reserved time the first night, waited in line, were asked if we wanted to share a table, told them we already had reservations for two but apparently they were not using the App reservations.  I think we waited a little for a table for two.  Second night, same scenario, again asked did we want to share..again told them we had a reservation, this time brought my phone to show them on the App, waited awhile, then got a table.  We inquired about the issue with the waiter and he said we would need to speak with the head waiter...we did...we then got our standing reservation for the duration of the cruise, same table, same waiters, were motioned to walk in, your table is ready.  Our reservation was for 8 pm each night.  I understand the first night or two is hectic in the MDR.  It is just irritating that you are offered the early reservation perk and then it turns out they don't seem to have the reservation (thats what I mean by not being honored).   Moved our time up to 7 pm this year.  We have always done 8 pm but now that we are getting older feel we need to dine earlier....hope it wall works out.  We always did anytime, never traditional, always table for two...I am allergic to certain perfumes which can really ruin dinner...ugh.  We do enjoy others company and conversation at breakfast and lunch in the buffet...easier to make an excuse to move if there is a perfume issue

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, theloo said:

On the Emerald in July, breakfast and lunch were served in the DaVinci MDR.

It seems that they have switched from DaVinci to avoid people trying to “crash” reserve class when they can’t get into the MDR