Final Payment Date

CruisinShips

For those who have been tracking this for a while...on a "typical" cruise booking, does it seem like a noteworthy % of cabins come back immediately before final payment dates, or not really?  I know it must vary of course, but what have you been seeing?

Not anymore. The nonrefundable deposit put a stop to most of that and eliminated a good chunk of the 'placeholder' and 'backup' bookings. And before someone says it...TA's group inventory is not given up or returned at the final payment date so that's not it.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Not anymore. The nonrefundable deposit put a stop to most of that and eliminated a good chunk of the 'placeholder' and 'backup' bookings. And before someone says it...TA's group inventory is not given up or returned at the final payment date so that's not it.

When is a TA’s group inventory normally returned?

For our last three cruises I've been watching suite availability before final payment and after and in each case, a number of suites and AQ have come available after final payment date and for Move Up. Can't give a percentage but there are definitely always a few. Our last cruise (earlier this month) had a large group and suites were sold out before final payment but 12-14 came available after. 

• Thanks 1

I've often seen many cabins of all class come available at finally payment date.   Of course that was prior to the Non-Refundable Deposit but many on current sailings booked prior to the implementation of the NR.  

I would still expect to see cabins pop up just before final payment.  With the penalty of $100 pp to change the reservation many will consider that when booking instead of paying $1,000+ for NR Deposits.