Jump to content

Cancellation of cruise in the Middle East


Hill Country Dakota
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Just saw a post on another forum indicating that Virgin Voyages just changed itineraries of three upcoming cruises that were scheduled to be in the Suez/Red Sea area this spring.

 

Unlike Oceania, they are doing the right thing. 

 

Guests on any of the three former sailings will have guaranteed spots on the new sailing at no additional cost. Guests who do not wish to sail the new itinerary can receive a future voyage credit based on their paid balance or a full refund. 

 

Seabourn has been doing similar  - full refund  - have also read a discount on a future cruise, but not sure that discount is across the board   - full refund is 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Just saw a post on another forum indicating that Virgin Voyages just changed itineraries of three upcoming cruises that were scheduled to be in the Suez/Red Sea area this spring.

 

Unlike Oceania, they are doing the right thing. 

 

Guests on any of the three former sailings will have guaranteed spots on the new sailing at no additional cost. Guests who do not wish to sail the new itinerary can receive a future voyage credit based on their paid balance or a full refund. 

 


Virgin only have one ship in Asia sot it’s a little but easier to rearrange than when you have several. No comparison really.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Just saw a post on another forum indicating that Virgin Voyages just changed itineraries of three upcoming cruises that were scheduled to be in the Suez/Red Sea area this spring.

 

Unlike Oceania, they are doing the right thing. 

 

Guests on any of the three former sailings will have guaranteed spots on the new sailing at no additional cost. Guests who do not wish to sail the new itinerary can receive a future voyage credit based on their paid balance or a full refund. 

 

 

My cruise that was a segment of the ATW was cancelled and I can't complain one iota about the communication. Email was received stating full moneys would be refunded automatically and costs associated with flight changes/cancellations would be available up to$300US per passenger. Im rebooking on another cruise that ends up being a bit cheaper so we should get a decent refund as well . 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@basor and @daydreamer62 -- a cancellation is quite a different thing from what O did on the Nov 23 cruise, which is what this thread (and my post) are referencing.

 

@Vallesan IIRC, Oceania only had one ship in the region last November that was impacted.  Also, you typed your response text into my quoted text box, so I can't pull up your quote properly, hence the callout. 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

@basor and @daydreamer62 -- a cancellation is quite a different thing from what O did on the Nov 23 cruise, which is what this thread (and my post) are referencing.

 

@Vallesan IIRC, Oceania only had one ship in the region last November that was impacted.  Also, you typed your response text into my quoted text box, so I can't pull up your quote properly, hence the callout. 

 

 

True but you quoted what Virgin Voyages is doing now for their just canceled Red Sea cruises not last Nov so thought it relative to mention what O is doing NOW for their just canceled Red Sea transit cruise.....apples to apples

Edited by basor
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, basor said:

True but you quoted what Virgin Voyages is doing now for their just canceled Red Sea cruises not last Nov so thought it relative to mention what O is doing NOW for their just canceled Red Sea transit cruise.....apples to apples

 

Apples to apples would be to say that no other cruise line did what O did to those passengers in November: snatching back an offer that they put on the table.

 

At least they seem to have learned their lesson (I hope).

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for proving my point - you were comparing what Virgin Voyages is doing now to what O did in Nov....I am in no way debating what O did in Nov was acceptable or right .

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Welcome to Cruise Critic
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Set Sail Beyond the Ordinary with Oceania Cruises
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: The Widest View in the Whole Wide World
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Cruise Critic News & Features
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...