Is Royal really worth 50% more than their competitor?

21 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Interested to know what the big difference was for you between the Odyssey and the Anthem?  Not arguing just curious since they are so similar.

With 4 kids under 8, the splash area on odyssey is a huge feature for us which anthem doesn’t have. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PACrew said:

With 4 kids under 8, the splash area on odyssey is a huge feature for us which anthem doesn’t have. 

Makes sense. The two things that I would like about the Odyssey is the one large main dining room, and Playmakers. The thing I would miss with an Odyssey would be the indoor pool and hot tub area. It’s just not quite as set up for cold weather, cruising (if you are sailing with cold-weather out of the East Coast)

On 10/24/2023 at 4:01 AM, William W said:

I just booked my first MSC cruise on the Meraviglia for March Break 2024.  I was hesitant at first because of their bad reviews.  But it is currently priced at approximately 70% less than what RCCL wants for the Anthem sailing the same week, so I figured if I were to go in with a very low expectation or 1/3 the expectation when I sail on Royal, in theory, I should not be disappointed. 

You will love it .  That ship is gorgeous.   We enjoyed it very much.   You will find that drinks are much cheaper than RCCL.  The food is a little bit different,  but in a good way.  Their pizza is terrific.  We got an amazing deal on a yacht club suite on a 7 day Western Caribbean in December.  No mass market cruise line comes close to what Yacht Club  offers.  Bon Voyage.  

• Like 1

On 10/24/2023 at 5:01 AM, William W said:

I just booked my first MSC cruise on the Meraviglia for March Break 2024.  I was hesitant at first because of their bad reviews.  But it is currently priced at approximately 70% less than what RCCL wants for the Anthem sailing the same week, so I figured if I were to go in with a very low expectation or 1/3 the expectation when I sail on Royal, in theory, I should not be disappointed. 

I'm not impressed with MSC ships.

266.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/24/2023 at 12:01 PM, William W said:

We just booked april half term on MSC world Europe out of Barcelona. Our 2nd MSC cruise. Going to the same places as Royal usually go, but also includes a stop in Malta. £1700 for 3, inside room, premium drinks and including Graturites. 

Having been on Oasis, Anthem, brilliance and MSC Virtuosa around Europe i would put them in this order based on Food, Entertainment, service.

Oasis

MSC Virtuosa

Anthem

Brilliance

But value for money the order would be.

MSC Virtuosa

Oasis

Anthem

Briliance.

So i would really say it depends what people want out of their cruise would dictate how much people are willing to pay. And like all holidays its what you make of it that counts.