Discovery Princess is coming to Australia in 2025/2026!!

Just now, Kiwi_cruiser said:

I think it will be the crown replacing the Grand.

The Crown is replacing Coral - will be based here full time from late 2024

2023/4 Coral full time till late 2024, Majestic, Royal, Grand

2024/5 Crown arrives as full time, Royal, Diamond (they were planning Discovery, but market is soft)

2025/6 (based on port bookings) - Crown, Royal, Discovery, Grand

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arxcards said:

Only the poster can see the attachments they post. Shows as "unavailable" to everyone else.

My apologies…here’s the webpage link for their press release.

https://www.carnivalcorp.com/news-releases/news-release-details/royal-first-sydney-princess-cruises-spectacular-royal-princess

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

The Crown is replacing Coral - will be based here full time from late 2024

2023/4 Coral full time till late 2024, Majestic, Royal, Grand

2024/5 Crown arrives as full time, Royal, Diamond (they were planning Discovery, but market is soft)

2025/6 (based on port bookings) - Crown, Royal, Discovery, Grand

We’re booked on Crown in March 2025 around Australia from Brisbane and 2 days later sail Royal from Auckland to LA. Like when sailing Sydney to LA in 2009 that requires only one long flight. We’re looking forward to our clockwise circumnavigation of Australia. We have friends who are retired & divide their time between Melbourne & Tasmania and looking forward to visiting them at one of their homes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, arxcards said:

We had the opposite on Diamond, which while fading in the distance, is still likely our best cruise to date. This Auckland to Sydney cruise was way back in 2009/10, well before she became the Japanese ship.

We too have a very soft spot for Diamond Princess. We sailed on her from Sydney to Tasmania and around NZ, so local waters, after she had become a Japanese ship. Other than bi-lingual signs, she really felt no different from Western ships we've sailed on, we loved her 🥰

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Jean C said:

We too have a very soft spot for Diamond Princess. We sailed on her from Sydney to Tasmania and around NZ, so local waters, after she had become a Japanese ship. Other than bi-lingual signs, she really felt no different from Western ships we've sailed on, we loved her 🥰

We will be on the Diamond February 25 Sydney to Yokohama. Will be our first time in the Diamond . Very curious how the Onsen works 🤔

Edited by Wanderers2
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wanderers2 said:

We will be on the Diamond February 25 Sydney to Yokohama. Will be our first time in the Diamond . Very curious how the Onsen works 🤔

I am hoping it heightens our cruise experience. And the fancy toilets too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wanderers2 said:

58 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I am hoping it heightens our cruise experience. And the fancy toilets too.

We didn't use the Onsen, they had a come and have a look around time, so we did - no naked bathers on show! Great setting with picture windows from the spas to the ocean, but getting my gear off in public isn't my thing 🤣

PS, separate spa rooms for male and female 🙂

Edited by Jean C

On 10/23/2023 at 8:07 PM, arxcards said:

But, club class dining, crown grill, premier drinks at Good Spirits and a comfy cabin await us on Majestic in 12 days. There are bits of the ship we aren't fans of, but we won't be spending any time there.

11 sleeps now, but who's counting.

@OzKiwiJJ (or any other that frequents that part of Sydney). Do you have any recommendations for good but casual food in the North Sydney area? We are staying the night at the Harbourview, but our favourite little Italian restaurant near North Sydney station has closed since we were last there. Pizza, Italian, Asian, burgers - pretty much anything that has good and unpretentious food is on our long shortlist.

8 hours ago, arxcards said:

11 sleeps now, but who's counting.

@OzKiwiJJ (or any other that frequents that part of Sydney). Do you have any recommendations for good but casual food in the North Sydney area? We are staying the night at the Harbourview, but our favourite little Italian restaurant near North Sydney station has closed since we were last there. Pizza, Italian, Asian, burgers - pretty much anything that has good and unpretentious food is on our long shortlist.

Try Crows Nest short bus ride away with loads of places to eat there. Bus 115 from station takes you to Willoughby Road which had plenty to choose from. Or 20 mins walk or quick uber/taxi. 

Edited by sagittarius

2 hours ago, sagittarius said:

Try Crows Nest short bus ride away with loads of places to eat there. Bus 115 from station takes you to Willoughby Road which had plenty to choose from. Or 20 mins walk or quick uber/taxi. 

Thank you. 

I have been casually looking around the city, up as far as Chatswood chase. There was a really good Indian place at Crows Nest last time we called in there, but that was donkeys ago. Do you have a favourite?

27 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Thank you. 

I have been casually looking around the city, up as far as Chatswood chase. There was a really good Indian place at Crows Nest last time we called in there, but that was donkeys ago. Do you have a favourite?

We regularly eat in Crows Nest. We've been to Rangoon Colonial Club Restaurant twice in the last couple of years (which is unusual for us as we don't usually repeat a restaurant). It's one of the Indian restaurants in Crows Nest, not on the main street though. They do a great blue cheese naan. 

For Italian, Farina Pizzeria is a pretty good option. Their pizzas are great., however desserts are a bit pricey for what's on offer, so if you want a good dessert after dinner just pop in to C9 Chocolate & Gelato where you will be spoiled for choice. Actually you could go there for dessert no matter where you have dinner.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, arxcards said:

Thank you. 

Dhakshin or Masala both on Pacific Highway are good. But in Chatswood new dining area above train station has some great options. 

Edited by sagittarius
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the input. As we are there on a Friday evening, at this stage Chatswood Mall markets could be the go. Maybe some crepes, dim sum, Korean pancakes, Asian noodles or all of the above. Looks like there are plenty of eateries in and around Westfield as well.

https://www.willoughby.nsw.gov.au/Community/Chatswood-Mall-Market/Stallholders

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Thanks for the input. As we are there on a Friday evening, at this stage Chatswood Mall markets could be the go. Maybe some crepes, dim sum, Korean pancakes, Asian noodles or all of the above. Looks like there are plenty of eateries in and around Westfield as well.

https://www.willoughby.nsw.gov.au/Community/Chatswood-Mall-Market/Stallholders

If between Nov and April there are noodle markets on Miller St next to Stanton Library just up from North Sydney too. 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sagittarius said:

If between Nov and April there are noodle markets on Miller St next to Stanton Library just up from North Sydney too. 

Just ... 3rd November. Thanks. Pity there isn't a Sixers WBBL game at the oval. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm almost certain that I will book the Singapore to Sydney leg. 

We did a similar cruise on Majestic Princess from Shanghai to Sydney in 2019 which we really enjoyed. 

I will contact my travel agent once we return to Sydney. We just cruised through the Panama Canal a few days ago (which was amazing). 

55 minutes ago, Womble99 said:

Are the pricing breakdowns available yet? Or is it just the promo lead in fares?

I've seen the fares for inside/window/balcony and mini suites from one of the big online cruise travel companies.

3 hours ago, Womble99 said:

Are the pricing breakdowns available yet? Or is it just the promo lead in fares?

The prices were available when I posted the itineraries to a different thread here. I chopped them off so that the itineraries would show clearly from captures.

The release files and brochure have both been attached over at the Princess forum, where you can see what files have been uploaded.

And now that release is imminent anyway, here are the direct links to them:

Standard Fares (add $65 per day for plus, $95 per day for premier)

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/au/destinations/australia_nz/2025-2026/AU25-2626RWCAUDStandardFaresasat13Nov.pdf

Mini Brochure

https://book.princess.com/pdf/onesource/au/destinations/australia_nz/2025-2026/23376_Mini-Brochure_25-26_AU_3.0.pdf