B M on the Silver Muse now.

rojaan19

46 minutes ago, jollyjones said:

Not necessarily ... BM is the two letter code for Bermuda ...

It's also the postcode for Birmingham, England. Considering that Birmingham's only purpose is to make everywhere else, even Detroit, look good I'll take Bermuda. Thank you. 

Edited by Tothesunset
Actually, BH is the post code for Bournemouth. Why did I think it was Birmingham? Senior moment.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Hopefully the food improves!  And, Dr. Ron can share his suggestion directly.

They still dare to call it beef and caviar tatare... And don't start me on the even  sorrier state of the grilled lobster last night. Atlantide will probably be out for me for the rest of the cruise. Indochine the night before was very good though. But all in all going down even further and giving reason for concern. Very stingy with the canapés too last night at the cocktail party. Has definitely lost it's Italian generous hospitality soul, and the little envelopes with your bill in the spa still saying "grazi", whatever language that's supposed to be 🙄

IMG_4432.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

What was the weird glaze over the beef?

No glaze just mashed up totally bland mess, did also not look cut by hand as it should be to me. And they have started counting the caviar now, apparently🤣

Another discussion at breakfast this morning whether I wanted my eggs Benedict soft or hard boiled... Seriously? 
Of course not the poor waiter's fault, they are now mandatorily requested to ask the guests to avoid disappointment. Standards now slipping completely. 
Getting cutlery (butter knife), getting any butter at all with bread yesterday (and then practically frozen) all needing extra begging and coaxing from our group at dinner yesterday. And plates practically wrestled away from you as soon as you put the last bite in your mouth. I hate that. Really hate it.

52 minutes ago, Grand Duchess said:

Of course not the poor waiter's fault, they are now mandatorily requested to ask the guests to avoid disappointment.

Alas - not a question of disappointing guests with odd tastes, but instead, due to the requisite warnings about eating 'undercooked' food, including eggs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Alas - not a question of disappointing guests with odd tastes, but instead, due to the requisite warnings about eating 'undercooked' food, including eggs. 

Then rather not have it at all, same as sushi and sashimi. But no way ruin eggs Benedict by hardpoach, if there is such a word, the eggs. I suppose it is a mentality thing, we in Europe are not used to being warned about every potential hazard, we can have raw milk cheese and things probably not allowed in the US due to very strict food rules other countries have not. Obviously one would be responsible enough to know when better not risk it. Also probably an insurance and legal issue, different system, so I get your point.

Mine are at medium........the whites need to be cooked but the yolks need to be runny. To me, that is a perfect Eggs Benedict. The last time I ordered them was on the Dawn in August. They came out terrible☹️....they were actually hard boiled and I could not eat them.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, jjs217 said:

I'm glad they ask.  I want my eggs Benedict medium, but then, I'm not a Grand Duchess.

Agreed. Though I like my beef rare, my stomach turns when I cut into a raw-ish egg in my Eggs Benedict order. Or hard-boiled. I've been served both versions, give me Medium, runny yellow.. Nothing to do with US health standards (?).

This could turn into a dress code post! 😄

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, david63 said:

I never thought for one minute there was any other way - if there is then it is not Eggs Benedict but some other dish!

So, I'll just order a toasted English Muffin (which is neither a muffin or English), with a slice of Canadian Bacon (which is neither Canadian or Bacon) and a 4 minute egg covered in Hollandaise sauce (which is not from Holland).  Geez, I think it would be easier to just order eggs Benedict with a medium egg.

What I don't understand is that when you order poached eggs they always serve each egg on a small round piece of soggy bread. I always order toast, dump the soggy bread, and move the eggs to the toast. I prefer lox under my eggs not bacon. This is called eggs royale, but most of the waiters give me a puzzled look if I ask for that. So again, I order the components and some assembly is required.

• Like 1