How do I return a broken item bought onboard?

Floopyzebra

Hi, does anyone have any idea how to return an item purchased onboard when you are not onboard? My husband purchased headphones in March this year when on Ventura, they were very expensive and have now snapped in the middle. We have the receipt, but we have no idea how to return something when no longer on the ship. The only thing that P&O's website says is this:

Product guarantee

All the products we sell on board are genuine and come with a one-year money-back guarantee. In the unlikely event that your item develops a fault, we can offer a full refund, a replacement if it’s still in stock, or an exchange for another item. Simply show us your proof of purchase from within the one-year period and we’ll be happy to help. 

This information seems a bit pointless, it doesn't tell you how or where you're supposed to show them the receipt. Just wondered if anyone has had to return something and if so, could you please help with the process because I have Googled till the cows come home, but cannot find any information regarding returns.

Many thanks for any help

Hi @lindyloo22 and @david63 

Thanks for your replies. I have called P&O Cruises and managed to get the information I require. I will post it here because someone else may need to know the answer to my question.

The Company that deals with all the onboard retail stores is called Harding Retail, their website is https://www.hardingretail.com/customer-services/ and you need to email them at aftersales.uk@hardingretail.com or leave a message on their phone. +44 (0) 117 982 5961 if in the UK. I have emailed them, sent a photo copy of my receipt, and photos of the damage and given them the cruise number, booking reference, name, address and telephone number. I will now have to wait until they reply to tell me what the next step is. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

2 minutes ago, Floopyzebra said:

I have called P&O Cruises and managed to get the information I require

That's somewhat of a miracle in that you were able to get through to P&O and actually get an answer👍- must let us all know your secret

• Like 3

1 minute ago, david63 said:

That's somewhat of a miracle in that you were able to get through to P&O and actually get an answer👍- must let us all know your secret

@david63  Haha, yes and I didn't even have to wait long for them to answer the phone believe it or not, which makes a change. I did say it was silly to put half the information on their website and not to say what the next step was. If they had put the info on which I just posted here it would save people the inconvenience of having to phone them. And, yes again I am surprised that the person who answered the phone actually knew what she was doing. 😂

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Floopyzebra said:

Hi @lindyloo22 and @david63 

Thanks for your replies. I have called P&O Cruises and managed to get the information I require. I will post it here because someone else may need to know the answer to my question.

The Company that deals with all the onboard retail stores is called Harding Retail, their website is https://www.hardingretail.com/customer-services/ and you need to email them at aftersales.uk@hardingretail.com or leave a message on their phone. +44 (0) 117 982 5961 if in the UK. I have emailed them, sent a photo copy of my receipt, and photos of the damage and given them the cruise number, booking reference, name, address and telephone number. I will now have to wait until they reply to tell me what the next step is. 

@Host Sharon mayybe thos could be posted at the head of the P&O page?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, nosapphire said:

For what it is worth - Hardings operate the shops on a lot of cruise ships (not just P&O) so that information may be very useful to many others.

@nosapphire Yes, that is very true and if anyone is from Canada, the USA or Australia and has a problem, here's some information for you also.

For our US/Canadian/South American resident customers please call #1-855-380-0836 or email:
aftersales.us@hardingretail.com to contact our worldwide aftersales team who will be able to assist with any return requirements.

For all Australasian resident customers please call
#61 (0) 2 9011 8099 or email: 

aftersales.oz@hardingretail.com to contact our Australian based team who will be able to assist with any return requirements.

Edited by Floopyzebra
  • Like 1

I have had the need to contact Harding Retail in Bristol in the past regarding a watch I bought on Cunard. They also operate shops on both P&O and Cunard and we're very helpful and solved the problem. It wasn't a fault or defect just the watch was limited edition and should have been in a special box but wasn't. They contacted the watch company and got the correct box and sent it to me very efficiently.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I have had the need to contact Harding Retail in Bristol in the past regarding a watch I bought on Cunard. They also operate shops on both P&O and Cunard and we're very helpful and solved the problem. It wasn't a fault or defect just the watch was limited edition and should have been in a special box but wasn't. They contacted the watch company and got the correct box and sent it to me very efficiently.

@majortom10 That sounds very positive, I'm sure they will contact us soon with a solution. 

We have also contacted them before ref a watch that wasn't working. We had to return the watch and they sent a refund. Good service

Which number did you phone to get through so quickly? 

Edited by amajaa
Typo
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, amajaa said:

We have also contacted them before ref a watch that wasn't working. We had to return the watch and they sent a refund. Good service

Which number did you phone to get through so quickly? 

@amajaa Another positive, thanks for posting. The P&O number I called was 0344 338 8003

2 minutes ago, amajaa said:

Thanks . Unfortunately I didn't see your post until after you had phoned as they gave us a little card when we bought the watch on Arvia with all the contact details on. 

@amajaa That was a good idea, P&O seem to be getting into the 21st Century at last, allbeit slowly. 😂