YC sales?

Todd320

Prices do fluctuate but don't expect to get lucky. What works for me is to book early (to assure that I get the stateroom that I want), continually watch for price drops or added Voyager's Club discounts, and decide if it is worth the gamble to reprice if the new price is lower. I generally book 1-2 years out so I usually end up with a good price until YC is sold out or my stateroom category is sold out.

By the time that final payment comes, there may be a few available staterooms but those might go to people who upgrade. On my next cruise, there is only 1 YC stateroom available but the price is currently higher than it was when I booked. Even though I'm past final payment date, there's no lucky/lower price way to get into the Yacht Club for someone who's looking to book.

• Thanks 2

I will be going on my 3rd YC cruise in November. This upcoming cruise I booked 9 months out (other 2,, 3-5 months) and got the lowest price of the 3 including the additional Voyager 5% discount for booking further out. There is so much demand for YC the chances of getting a lower price closer to your cruise date is slim to none

Edited by lcpagejr
  • Thanks 1

I've never seen price reductions for the YC, other than on the Divina when MSC first started North America. Then they were giving free upgrades to get people talking about the experience. Well, it worked. The YC pricing has more than doubled since then, and they continue to fill up. Nobody does their version of the YC better. That's my opinion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you have to be in YC on a newer ship then booking as soon as the itinerary is released is when you will see the lowest prices.  As sail date approaches the YC prices increase regardless of how cabins are selling. 

YC cabins on older ships with pitiful or short itineraries are not selling, MSC tries but can't hide the fact.  But if you're observant and book smart you can greatly increase your chances of a very cheap upgrade to YC.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do agree with posters that booking early is best.

However I had been looking at a May sailing on the Seashore for weeks.  The YC price dropped over $500 today from yesterday. It does have a lot of YC inventory, probably because there is no Ocean Cay with the temporary closure.  It does go to San Juan, our favorite stop (excluding the ABC's) which is unusual for a 7 day out of Port Canaveral.