Taxi Prices all over the place

sunlover2

I have been going to San Juan taxi websites to get approximate cost for our upcoming trip. Every website gives me different fares 😑 and some of them are way off for exact same itinerary.

So I realize there is a $3.00 surcharge for airport pickup.

Then they mention $1.00 per piece of luggage plus other surcharges...

Looking for the following...

*San Juan airport to Courtyard Miramar

*Courtyard Miramar to Pan American cruise port

*Pan American cruise port to San Juan airport 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, sunlover2 said:

I have been going to San Juan taxi websites to get approximate cost for our upcoming trip. Every website gives me different fares 😑 and some of them are way off for exact same itinerary.

So I realize there is a $3.00 surcharge for airport pickup.

Then they mention $1.00 per piece of luggage plus other surcharges...

Looking for the following...

*San Juan airport to Courtyard Miramar

*Courtyard Miramar to Pan American cruise port

*Pan American cruise port to San Juan airport 

Thank you!

I'm not aware of anything that could be called a "San Juan taxi website".  If you do an internet search for "San Juan Puerto Rico taxi fares" you're not going to find anything official or reliable, which is why you're seeing different fares.

Here's the official rate sheet shown on the SJU airport website for trips from the airport to various areas. The taxi dispatcher should hand you one of these sheets with your fare marked on it:

https://aeropuertosju.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/04/Taxis-Tarifario.pdf

I know the fares listed were correct when I was last in San Juan a couple of years ago, but I can't guarantee that they haven't increased recently and are now outdated.

The fare from the cruise port back to the airport should be the same as the fare from the airport to the cruise port. From your hotel to the port should be a metered fare and I can't estimate it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2023 at 5:52 PM, sunlover2 said:

I have been going to San Juan taxi websites to get approximate cost for our upcoming trip.

I was in San Juan for a quick work trip a few weeks ago and just used Uber-- super easy and you can go on the app right now and get an idea of what the cost would be. Went from the airport into town and then back to the airport the next day-- was about $18 each way which I believe is less expensive than a traditional taxi there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, princeton123211 said:

I was in San Juan for a quick work trip a few weeks ago and just used Uber-- super easy and you can go on the app right now and get an idea of what the cost would be. Went from the airport into town and then back to the airport the next day-- was about $18 each way which I believe is less expensive than a traditional taxi there. 

Agreed, Uber is the way to go. When we were in SJ a few years ago on a cruise, I asked a taxi driver for the price to a restaurant not in OSJ and was told $15. Uber cost me $6. We're going to be there again in February (this time for a cruise starting there) and priced Uber to my hotel in Condado from the airport and then to the OSJ pier, and each was $10-15. 

• Like 1