Double up cruise next offer

PhillyTravelBug

I purchased four cruise next vouchers for the first time in August. This is the first time I have seen them offering a double up deposit in a future cruise. Does this deal run frequently? Also, the representative on our cruise said they will run a triple voucher deposit deal once or twice a year. I am hoping that occurs around Black Friday/ cyber Monday.   Just wondering if this is something I should take advantage of or will there be better offers? It seems like they are flip flopping between their ongoing 70% off one guest and 35% off two guest deals, which isn’t promoting me to book now.

Double up run pretty frequently. A few times/year it's all cabins, including insides. Balcony and above double up runs pretty much always. Sometimes without the 4 months limit (there was one recently).
My experience is that if your cruise fits with the current terms it doesn't have to be a new booking. I have applied a second certificate to several already booked cruises when the promo appeared.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Asawi said:

My experience is that if your cruise fits with the current terms it doesn't have to be a new booking. I have applied a second certificate to several already booked cruises when the promo appeared.

To get this to work, I assume you go into the existing booking and click "Make a Payment"? 

It will them let you pull the certificate from your account?

Otherwise, it might require a phone call and they might tell you it can't be done because the rules say they're only valid for new bookings.

Edited by schmoopie17

3 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

To get this to work, I assume you go into the existing booking and click "Make a Payment"? 

Yep! That's how I do it! I use the app and choose "other amount" and put the amount of my certificate (I'm paying in Euro, so I have to make sure to check the amount since it won't be the standard $250. Cerificate has to be in the currency of the booking, so if you for example buy one online in US$ you need to have it converted. Painless and fast usually!)

• Thanks 2

If you're planning on booking a studio, inside, or OV, then I'd definitely book now because they are offering the double up on all cabins.  Like others have said, if a triple up offer comes along before final payment, it's easy to just add the third cert yourself online.  That's assuming the triple up applies to under balcony cabins. But if you're booking a balcony and above, the double up comes around often enough.  I wouldn't hold out for any better deals though.  the tend to simply go between the promos you mentioned, which is actually the exact same promo.  It's best to book early so you can lock in the price and be safe from price increases.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, drumming cruisers said:

Where are you seeing the double up offer? I logged into my NCL account and don't see it anywhere; I would like to you use a couple of my cruise next to book on my next cruise

I"m not sure if we're allowed to post links.  but it's on the NCL web page.  the cruise next page.

56 minutes ago, schmoopie17 said:

Otherwise, it might require a phone call and they might tell you it can't be done because the rules say they're only valid for new bookings.

Yes.  I went through myncl and selected my CN under Make a Payment.   I actually applied a third to two separate cruises during the last triple up.

• Thanks 1