LIVE from Celebrity Infinity 10/30

rxlowry

This chef market tour was an amazing value!  The chef made a huge meal for us with gigantic portions.  
We met in Cellar Masters for a toast then it was off to tour the galley during prime service time!  Amazing seeing that in action.  We exited through Tuscan Grill’s kitchen and were seated at a large table and saw our menu for the dinner.  It started with an enormous charcuterie board flanked by two smaller ones for the ten of us! Everyone felt bad about how much was left and we all hoped someone besides the fish enjoyed it later. 
Next was tuna carpaccio that was so very tasty but way too large a portion for such a rich fish. The fish fry board was an entree sized dish that easily should have been one per couple!!   It was followed by another large entree sized red snapper that while tasty, I knew how much more was still coming.  The last entree was a massive rib eye.  With this amount of courses, I expected it to be tasting menu sized but each course was full on American entree sized!!!  Dessert was almost identical to the one at the restaurant which was better but at this point I don’t think anyone even wanted much dessert!  

IMG_6106.jpeg

IMG_6137.jpeg

IMG_6136.jpeg

IMG_6139.jpeg

IMG_6140.jpeg

IMG_6142.jpeg

IMG_6143.jpeg

IMG_6144.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

After dinner, we went and did some dancing to help us digest our dinner.  As we left the floor, a woman gave us high fives. Later, she came over to talk to us and we convinced her along with her daughter to join us for the 80s party and game show. 
As we sat down, Mariana was looking for a captain for our side and my husband waved and pointed at me and she ran over and grabbed me. 
I saw some women in the front who looked like they’d be helpful and fun.  Let just say, my team destroyed it!  Of course, we didn’t get the crowd singing points but after sweeping the name that tune, how could they let us? It was so much fun, we stayed to dance many songs afterwards. I gave the hat I won to one of the ladies in the front who was so excited to play and dance later.  

Thoroughly enjoying your review. I have been particularly interested as we are on Infinity next year.

So pleased your chefs market tour went so well. Something I have always fancied doing. However, reviews seem very mixed.  If possible could you give a bit more detail about the actual tour…How big was your group? How long were you in the market for? Was the food you ate in the evening eat food  purchased during your visit?

Thank you!

Thank you very much for the info on this excursion.  I will be doing it next week and the pictures look great. 

Chemmo - the excursion is listed at $253 per person in my cruise planner. I was able to book it for $139 during a 45% off flash sale. 

I would say that the onboard meal doesn’t appear to be particularly “Spanish” but I am looking forward to it. 

Thanks again for posting about this cruise. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, msmusic said:

Thank you very much for the info on this excursion.  I will be doing it next week and the pictures look great. 

Chemmo - the excursion is listed at $253 per person in my cruise planner. I was able to book it for $139 during a 45% off flash sale. 

I would say that the onboard meal doesn’t appear to be particularly “Spanish” but I am looking forward to it. 

Thanks again for posting about this cruise. 

We did the flash sale too!  Thanks for posting the price for me!!  
 I’ll post more descriptions in my blog but we were chatting about this yesterday.
We had ten i our group so very nice size.  Not much was purchased in market…in fact the fine print says nothing is but chef said “packaged items” like cheese ok.  He said he bought squid.  He said he was going to purchase items after we left for tour. 
The lunch was super authentic. 
Galley tour was awesome. 
Dinner….not so much.  He talked about Iberico ham in market yet it was prosciutto on the charcuterie.  I tried to interact with him in market as he didn’t say much to anyone.  The items are all pretty much Tuscan Grille menu.  The fritto misto is the seafood lunch.  The red snapper is garnished different.  The rib eye seemed out of place.  The dessert was too similar to lunch which far superior.  It’s way too big of  portions.  So much was wasted. 
I’d book it at the discount price but full price is steep 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rxlowry said:

We did the flash sale too!  Thanks for posting the price for me!!  
 I’ll post more descriptions in my blog but we were chatting about this yesterday.
We had ten i our group so very nice size.  Not much was purchased in market…in fact the fine print says nothing is but chef said “packaged items” like cheese ok.  He said he bought squid.  He said he was going to purchase items after we left for tour. 
The lunch was super authentic. 
Galley tour was awesome. 
Dinner….not so much.  He talked about Iberico ham in market yet it was prosciutto on the charcuterie.  I tried to interact with him in market as he didn’t say much to anyone.  The items are all pretty much Tuscan Grille menu.  The fritto misto is the seafood lunch.  The red snapper is garnished different.  The rib eye seemed out of place.  The dessert was too similar to lunch which far superior.  It’s way too big of  portions.  So much was wasted. 
I’d book it at the discount price but full price is steep 

Thank you so much for the additional information. Group size sounds ideal and with lunch (good) and dinner (so so) I guess reasonable value…I think I may look up a range of food/wine related tours by locals before deciding….

Edited by chemmo

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Thank you so much for the additional information. Group size sounds ideal and with lunch (good) and dinner (so so) I guess reasonable value…I think I may look up a range of food/wine related tours by locals before deciding….

The market and lunch location is definitely walkable which could be an option..

• Thanks 1

Dinner was in Tuscan Grille last night!  Excellent service with great food. I had the crab cake and Caesar salad to start and Chris had meatballs and beet salad.  I tried the meatballs and found it to be quite grisly but he thought it was ok. The beet salad was awesome.  I’d like to try to recreate it.  He had the veal and I had the filet.  We shared a half portion of lobster rigatoni that was fantastic.  For dessert, we shared donuts and cheesecake (which was no where close to Summit’s). We also each had a birthday cake even though I asked maitre’d not to but he said we must celebrate so I suggested candle in cheesecake.  Who could eat all that??

IMG_6198.jpeg

IMG_6199.jpeg

IMG_6202.jpeg

IMG_6207.jpeg

IMG_6211.jpeg

IMG_6210.jpeg

IMG_6212.jpeg

IMG_6213.jpeg

• Like 6

Hola from Valencia!  Today we went to the cathedral where we saw two works by Goya, some amazing relics as well as the Holy Grail.  Afterwards, at the market, we had a bocadillo with iberico ham and aqua de Valencia which was delicious. Dessert was horchata with farton. 

IMG_6248.jpeg

IMG_6250.jpeg

IMG_6269.jpeg

IMG_6349.jpeg

IMG_6363.jpeg

IMG_6361.jpeg

• Like 2

We needed some caffeine after some sangria and vermouth, so Cafe Al Baccio was our first stop for a shakerato, or shaken espresso but with almond milk.  Not like the ones from Starbucks which are on the rocks but it was good!

72097077997__AFDBF76D-874D-457B-A4A9-19C1A49B69DA.jpeg

• Like 3

Last day of cruise!  I will say the accessible cabin wasn’t my favorite.   The shower while it did not flood room had very low water pressure making it hard to wash hair.  I washed my hair in the locker room off solarium today and it was much better. I’m happy though we’ve have hot water unlike one review I read.  He should’ve showered in locker rooms!

• Like 1

Beautiful day in Palma!  We were here last October so we skipped the cathedral.  We took the shuttle to town (10 euro) and walked to Olivar Market for some tapas and cava.  We did some shopping and had a great coffee and ensaimada that was so delicious. 

IMG_6407.jpeg

IMG_6411.jpeg

IMG_6413.jpeg

IMG_6414.jpeg

IMG_6418.jpeg

IMG_6436.jpeg

• Like 2

We did get the first day of the blog posted and I’ll catch up my writing on the plane today.  I was working on Cadiz yesterday. Europe cruises are always busy ones for us.  
Last night was probably one of the most fun too!!

IMG_1342.jpeg

• Like 1